Camp RZR

It was a bad weekend I ended up getting stuck twice within 100’.  Guess who was the butt of all the jokes and camp bitch.  
Good times. 

Putting everything away on the first pull out and then "Oh $hit he did it again"  :laugh1:

I have never been to camp rzr..  this something worth going to to cover as an even for gd?
Its a big "look at me" show.  Lots of uneducated and ignorant to the rules people out there.  Everyone wants to show off and lots of Social Media people show up to film the content making it even worse.  Polaris puts on concerts with big names and gives away sxs's.   Its a mess, dangerous and most real duners stay away from the mess.  

I have never been to camp rzr..  this something worth going to to cover as an even for gd?
It is usually the big weekend to kick off the dune season.  Definitely worth going to at least once.  Yes, it is loaded with newer duners and can be quite a chit show at times.   Watching Olds at night is quite entertaining. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've worked the ASA booth there the last 3 years and will be working The Clean Dune Project booth there this year. It's a camping weekend for me (on the others side of the tracks and away from the dust), I do not even unload the car - the dunes are a complete zoo. If I had to guess, >90% of the current membership in here avoids that weekend like the plague.

As far as setting up shop and spreading the gospel or selling merch, that's a horse of a different color... they'll have a compound setup behind the beach store with a frickin ferris wheel, several vendors, giveaways, demo-rides, free service bays for Polaris vehicles, a stage for a concert, etc etc with numerous vendors set up inside... SandCraft, Rockford Fosgate, RideNow, Bert's, food&bevs, etc etc... based on the last three years the overwhelming majority of people that come into that compound are first-timers or pretty new, uninformed, but open to conversations and willing to get educated... the dunes are littered with fools but the ones that come inside and walk the compound are actually looking for deals and info about the area and the sport, I've been pleasantly surprised at that part. They'll give away everything from yeti coolers to a new Razr and must be present to win... so an audience is guaranteed.

I've worked the ASA booth there the last 3 years and will be working The Clean Dune Project booth there this year. It's a camping weekend for me (on the others side of the tracks and away from the dust), I do not even unload the car - the dunes are a complete zoo. If I had to guess, >90% of the current membership in here avoids that weekend like the plague.

As far as setting up shop and spreading the gospel or selling merch, that's a horse of a different color... they'll have a compound setup behind the beach store with a frickin ferris wheel, several vendors, giveaways, demo-rides, free service bays for Polaris vehicles, a stage for a concert, etc etc with numerous vendors set up inside... SandCraft, Rockford Fosgate, RideNow, Bert's, food&bevs, etc etc... based on the last three years the overwhelming majority of people that come into that compound are first-timers or pretty new, uninformed, but open to conversations and willing to get educated... the dunes are littered with fools but the ones that come inside and walk the compound are actually looking for deals and info about the area and the sport, I've been pleasantly surprised at that part. They'll give away everything from yeti coolers to a new Razr and must be present to win... so an audience is guaranteed.
I think we will probably head down for that weekend and veterans..   but mainly to get some coverage and social media content.. I’ll bring all the Offroad stuff but, while I have been off-roading my entire life, I am the first to admit I am not a “duner” per say..   probably the guy that should be following instead of leading.  lol.     

I have always done my Offroad in Parker / havasu / all over Baja from muleje to San Felipe (actually coming up on a 10 day San Felipe trip here soon). 

For some reason I have a hard time seeing the terrain in Glamis..   I’m literally that guy that got stuck on a kiddy track because I didn’t see it until I was almost right on top of it..  lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we will probably head down for that weekend and veterans..   but mainly to get some coverage and social media content.. 

while I have been off-roading my entire life, I am the first to admit I am not a “duner” per say..   probably the guy that should be following instead of leading.  lol.     

I have always done my Offroad in Parker / havasu / all over Baja from muleje to San Felipe (actually coming up on a 10 day San Felipe trip here soon). 

For some reason I have a hard time seeing the terrain in Glamis..   I’m literally that guy that got stuck on a kiddy track because I didn’t see it until I was almost right on top of it..  lol. 

Right on! Will have to catch up over an ice cold delicious beverage :cheers:

Totally understand the not leading part and 3/4 of the ones out there doing it now shouldn't be either :lol:  ...driving in a straight line by GPS from POI to POI is not duning and it ruts/jacks up the flow of the dunes for the rest of us! Between RDP and GD you've got solid people on Gecko and the washes and everywhere between that can lead pretty much any weekend of the season... and at ~75 nights in G last season I'm on the low side for some of them :hethan:

Back