camp razor?

Brian Machnach

Reaction score
was it Polaris who made the call to cancel camp razor this year? I usually head out the week before Halloween stay that weekend and head back on Tuesday but this year im thinking and doing veterans weekend instead.both are big gatherings so that's why im asking about camp razor.

aint nobody know nuttin huh? ok then what one would you guys rather attend halloween or veterans?seems like halloween has more crazys in the dunes?

was it Polaris who made the call to cancel camp razor this year? I usually head out the week before Halloween stay that weekend and head back on Tuesday but this year im thinking of doing veterans weekend instead.both are big gatherings so that's why im asking about camp razor.

I don't think they've announced either way, which to me means it's not gonna happen. They probably want to have it but are concerned about the bad press that could be generated by hosting such a large event. 

My impression of the last couple of years is that Halloween weekend has more people at Glamis, but they are typically the ones that need GPS coordinates to get to Olds. Veteran's seems to have less people overall but a significantly higher number of them actually go duning.

I don't think they've announced either way, which to me means it's not gonna happen. They probably want to have it but are concerned about the bad press that could be generated by hosting such a large event. 

My impression of the last couple of years is that Halloween weekend has more people at Glamis, but they are typically the ones that need GPS coordinates to get to Olds. Veteran's seems to have less people overall but a significantly higher number of them actually go duning.
I don't think so either.i did some peeking around on other sites and some are saying it has been canceled.then  went on Polaris website and it says no scheduled events at this time

Normally the announce it by now.  The fact nothing has been announce means they are  not doing it.   Probably don't want to deal with whatever covid crap Imperial County will throw at them.  

Halloween will be a zoo out there no matter if Camp RZR is there. 

I've always felt Halloween weekend was a chitshow. All of the idiots with no common sense, no patience all show up on that first weekend and wreck into each other and break their toys and bones. Thank God tat takes them out for at least a few months.

Not that I want a Camp Rzr, but if I was planning an event, it would be either MLK or President's weekend.

looks like  halloween will be my time to go as my older son is going into the marines sometime in November so veterans my  fall on his ship date so this will be our last cross country trip and dune trip together so im gonna make this happen if camp razor is going on or not.

welp im gonna try and get back out for Veterans Day is I can.thay fall so close to each other its hard to do them both

Last edited by a moderator:
Camp RZR 2021 Notice

Due to the uncertainty of COVID and changing regulations around large group gatherings, we will not be hosting our annual Camp RZR festivities over Halloween weekend 2021. Over the past decade, Camp RZR has become the ultimate celebration of the side-by-side community, as thousands of riders gather annually to share their passion for off-roading. As much as our hearts are pulled toward Glamis, the safety of our riders is our highest priority and the pressure on the healthcare systems in the surrounding counties continues to increase. We appreciate seeing our riders safely getting outside and making the most of the riding season. We encourage you to keep tagging us in your ride photos and we look forward to hosting Camp RZR when circumstances permit.

Camp RZR 2021 Notice

Due to the uncertainty of COVID and changing regulations around large group gatherings, we will not be hosting our annual Camp RZR festivities over Halloween weekend 2021. Over the past decade, Camp RZR has become the ultimate celebration of the side-by-side community, as thousands of riders gather annually to share their passion for off-roading. As much as our hearts are pulled toward Glamis, the safety of our riders is our highest priority and the pressure on the healthcare systems in the surrounding counties continues to increase. We appreciate seeing our riders safely getting outside and making the most of the riding season. We encourage you to keep tagging us in your ride photos and we look forward to hosting Camp RZR when circumstances permit.
my buddy just sent me the article like 10 min ago and just came on here to post it but you beat me to it..lol

Back