Buss Trans with a 2.5 Turbo Subaru?

My 10 psi 2.5 subi broke my 091 in one day. I drive like an idiot and ran olds for hours that day though. 

My 10 psi 2.5 subi broke my 091 in one day. I drive like an idiot and ran olds for hours that day though. 
LOL.  My first R&P went in similar fashion.  New shock tune cleared up the whoops a lot, ran them hard.  Told a buddy to hop in to "show off" and grenaded it halfway up.  Locked up so bad I had to remove the bolts from the CVs to roll it back down.  No more smashing the whoops after that.

How you treat it driving is key. Kinda reminds me of what Mike Thortin said when we were building the trans for my first mid-engine car back in the mid 80's, asked how much was needed to have the trans live, he asked back "how much beer do you drink  😳😄

• Haha
Reactions: FOG
On Facbook market, there is a QuickSand trans with the 2D case, it has the 2d ring gear with the bus 091 gear stack for around 3K,  

My neighbor had the same trans, ran it for a couple of years, then sold the gears and turned it into a 2D,  the Cases are stout,  it was 4K to do the conversation,   

LOL.  My first R&P went in similar fashion.  New shock tune cleared up the whoops a lot, ran them hard.  Told a buddy to hop in to "show off" and grenaded it halfway up.  Locked up so bad I had to remove the bolts from the CVs to roll it back down.  No more smashing the whoops after that.
Mine was very similar. We had just put that new motor and I spent most of the day hammering the whoops and the bus box exploded.  We swapped to a 2d and it did well with that motor. 

Back