Budget Sand Tires

Crusty, is that a link to a simplisafe commercial?

Big_daddy_jp, did you have the regular or the HP ss360. I really want to like those but feel like they might not fit my driving.

Just thought I'd update in case anyone runs across this with the same questions. I ended up getting 32" sand stripper HPs in the rear and 32" tusk sand lites in the front, all at 10psi. I felt it was an ok budget setup, not too heavy and pretty decent in 2wd. After driving out there for a week, I'd maybe like a slight bit more forward pull and less side grip in the rear. I know that's kind of asking for the best of everything, but it just didn't slide as much as the drifters on my xp1k, but I could force it with some weight transfer (scandi flick). Also the fronts liked to push at really slow speed. Thinking about having them all cut/shaved/Brazilian-ed/whatever it's called to help "tune" them. Either way, I'm ok with the setup for the price. Thanks again for everyone's help, I'm really happy with the new car and already planning next year's glamis trip as well as Moab and sand hollow and wherever else I can get to!

Back