Bleeding cutting brakes

JBL

Reaction score
Search on this forum as well as internet has provided little info.  MC went out on CNC brake peddle and rebuilt it with parts from Kartek.  Wilwood 4 pistons in the back (no front brakes) and used vaccuum AND old fashioned way to get all air out.  I can get solid build up of pressure then when I come back to trying the brake peddle all pressure is lost.  I see no fluid leak anywhere.  So this led me to the cutting brakes.  I build pressure again on the brake peddle and try to move the cutting handle up and down and its hard also.  Release the brake peddle and the cut brakes go soft also.  So I tried cracking open the bleed port on top of CNC cutting brakes and like a dummy was looking down at it while I pushed the brake peddle.  Got a blast of grit and brake fluid right into the eye ball!  Survived that nightmare, but back to the help.  Do I pump brake fluid out of the cuting brake port till all bubble are gone, then use the cutting brake while someone is holding the brake peddle down and bleed the back?  I'd appreciate the help on how to.  (Jamar upgrade is not an option at this time)

The best way u have found is to use a pressure bleeder that forces fluid through the system. I put a Schrader valve in the cap and low psi then go wheel by wheel to let all the air out. 

Reactions: JBL
process ive always used was bleed main cyl using bleeders on calipers first, then bleed from turn masters, then bleed each wheel using turn master cylinder to push fluid.  ive had the best success using clear tubing and a gatorade bottle with a hole in the lid and the tube insterted and some clean fluid in the bottle to keep the end of th tube from sucking air. takes time but its always worked for me. 

Reactions: JBL
Back