Bands that do their replacement musicians dirty

What happened to Halford? I thought he was still singing?

Fun fact, my buddy is the drummer in KK's Priest. KK Downing's new band. Well at least he was on the debut record. Les Binks got injured and my buddy filled in.
Halford is still with Priest. Al Atkins was the founder and original lead singer for Judas Priest.

Would love to see KK’s Priest. Their set lists kicks ass.

All of Pink Floyd except Waters, 1978-1985.

I heard the band Digital Underground made the lead singer wear a huge fake nose when performing the band’s masterpiece “Humpty Dance.” Filthy!
Made the guy work so hard, the only time he he had to get busy was in a Burger King bathroom...

Being in a band or being a orginal member of the band means nothing anymore.. Its all about who owns the name to the band...  Its a buisness and profits is all they care about..
For KISS, yes.  But most bands just want to be able to continue making a living playing music.  Since nobody buys albums anymore (hipster / boomer vinyl resurgence notwithstanding), they only way to make a living is to tour . . .

All of Pink Floyd except Waters, 1978-1985.
Pink Floyd is a weird one.  I watched a good documentary on them that covered the beginning and the Sid Barret years.  Great documentary.

Roger Waters is very talented and has great visions....just an a**hole.  David Gilmore, again...very talented and great work.  He and the other in Floyd work well together without Waters.  I'm a big fan of David Gilmore.  I love his style and sound.

Pink Floyd is a weird one.  I watched a good documentary on them that covered the beginning and the Sid Barret years.  Great documentary.

Roger Waters is very talented and has great visions....just an a**hole.  David Gilmore, again...very talented and great work.  He and the other in Floyd work well together without Waters.  I'm a big fan of David Gilmore.  I love his style and sound.
Yep.  Gilmour led Pink Floyd had a much better sound, less acid-trip-experimental and more along the lines of their first couple of albums that were epic listens beginning to end.  Waters treated the band like hired musicians for his sonic expressionism.  

What Kiss, RHCP, Van Halen, Guns & Roses, Ozzy, Bon Jovi have done is child's play to what Billy Joel has done.

Watch Hired Guns https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4026034/ 
I was going to mention this as well. I saw that a couple weeks ago and the way Billy did Liberty after all those years was just plain chickenshit, not to mention most of the rest of the band about a decade earlier.

On the flip side Alice Cooper seems to do all of his players about as solid as can be.

I was going to mention this as well. I saw that a couple weeks ago and the way Billy did Liberty after all those years was just plain chickenshit, not to mention most of the rest of the band about a decade earlier.

On the flip side Alice Cooper seems to do all of his players about as solid as can be.
Oh Alice is top notch to his hired guns, The guy's who he started the Alice Cooper band not so much but for welcome to my nightmare he went solo and they knew it was coming.

Another guy who treated his band as family even used them on his solo records was Tom Petty, yes there were records that are Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and others that are just Tom Petty.

Back