Axle play at full droop

That exact test would be best having the pipe go through cv joints as the axle is not exactly in the center of the flanges but slightly off center. Are you close to Buena Park I could let you use my adjustable 930 axle.  The minimum in that direction is 1/4” note that the axle length  might not be the shortest point at 0 axle deg. This would only occur if the pivot points of the rear arm is on the same plane as the Tranny drive flanges. This is almost never the case so the shortest distance may be somewhere else other than horizontal, so beware   With an adjustable axle you can optimize axle length in both directions (near horizontal and at full droop) and split the difference.  Having clips on an adjustable axle is key to check full droop as the clips pull the star out as much as they can go. At the same time you can make sure you are not exceeding your max cv angle too. 

That exact test would be best having the pipe go through cv joints as the axle is not exactly in the center of the flanges but slightly off center. Are you close to Buena Park I could let you use my adjustable 930 axle.  The minimum in that direction is 1/4” note that the axle length  might not be the shortest point at 0 axle deg. This would only occur if the pivot points of the rear arm is on the same plane as the Tranny drive flanges. This is almost never the case so the shortest distance may be somewhere else other than horizontal, so beware   With an adjustable axle you can optimize axle length in both directions (near horizontal and at full droop) and split the difference.  Having clips on an adjustable axle is key to check full droop as the clips pull the star out as much as they can go. At the same time you can make sure you are not exceeding your max cv angle too. 
I am about an hour away but trying to get the measurement finalized for our trip that we’re supposed to leave on Tuesday for. Going to run the pvc pipe through the CV and bolt it up tomorrow. 

Axles are typically sold in inches your measurements will probably not fall exactly at an inch increment and may need to be shortened. Check both sides as they are probably not the same

So removed the Cir clips off the 25” axle and bolted up the CV’s. At plained level they have a little over 1/2 of back and forth. Looks like I’m ordering 25 1/4 axles on Monday. 

I had same problem. Pacific custom grease rings saved me from buying new axles. Also nice to be able to assemble and install axle dry then grease them completely until grease fills cup and comes out of cv.

Make sure u set your limit straps correctly you want wheel spin with no bind at full droop 
Also take into consideration the limiting straps will stretch.  I think its 1 inch. Guys can correct me. I'm not entirely sure it's been a while.  

Also take into consideration the limiting straps will stretch.  I think its 1 inch. Guys can correct me. I'm not entirely sure it's been a while.  
The car actually does not have limit straps, it uses the shock and coil over to limit travel. New axles were installed and all is fixed. Expensive mistake!

So removed the Cir clips off the 25” axle and bolted up the CV’s. At plained level they have a little over 1/2 of back and forth. Looks like I’m ordering 25 1/4 axles on Monday. 
If the measurement inside cup to inside cup is 25 1/2" you need 25" axles.

They will stretch 1" per foot if they are doubles like Kartek sells, they will stretch more if you them wet and drive the car

Back