At the dunes with a split radiator. You guys think there is any way to repair this out here to get me a couple more days?

Fold them over and put in a tube of alumiseal.  It will seal right up.  Order a new radiator when you get home.

Repair did not hold. Or maybe I missed something else. Who knows I am done. Need to get it home and tear it apart and order a radiator. That was a custom radiator built by mobile air years ago. They are no longer in business. Any suggestions on who to buy a radiator from? I might need to have it custom built for the nipples and fitting up top. I have to think I took my Ron Davis radiator over to mobile air and they built the same thing but can't remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remembered we have a wholesale account with Dewitt's radiator back east. Just talked to them and they can build a radiator off dimensions and photos. 4 to 5 weeks. That does not sound that bad to me although I probably miss some dune time. Then we are in Ireland for two weeks in April which is my favorite time to Dune. That and May. Oh well this season looks like it's going to be a little thin.

Just remembered we have a wholesale account with Dewitt's radiator back east. Just talked to them and they can build a radiator off dimensions and photos. 4 to 5 weeks. That does not sound that bad to me although I probably miss some dune time. Then we are in Ireland for two weeks in April which is my favorite time to Dune. That and May. Oh well this season looks like it's going to be a little thin.
Ron Davis in Glendale is building me a new one right now, I paid an expedite fee and it should be done the week after new years. 

Repair did not hold. Or maybe I missed something else. Who knows I am done. Need to get it home and tear it apart and order a radiator. That was a custom radiator built by mobile air years ago. They are no longer in business. Any suggestions on who to buy a radiator from? I might need to have it custom built for the nipples and fitting up top. I have to think I took my Ron Davis radiator over to mobile air and they built the same thing but can't remember.
I just run track versions of the stock radiator so replacements are easy in a pinch and I can run stock fans (which are almost always overkill to accommodate AC).  Koyo sells a 370Z upgraded radiator, but will mean a decent amount of work to get it in there.  Might be other OEM style solutions that'll work in the space and hose locations.

Take your old one to a radiator shop and have those tubes welded/soldered up further in.  Should get you by until the new one is made.

Great Video Kraut n rice , Looks like Hobart is the rod to keep in the trailer

Fold them over and put in a tube of alumiseal.  It will seal right up.  Order a new radiator when you get home.
This is what I did after my radiator went out in baja. Actually ended up pulling the tubes out of the headers on each side. Packed it with a bunch of alumiseal to reduce the leak, and then just continued to top it off. Got me through the trip, and then another 4 days in glamis before I replaced it.

I'll add, now I keep a tube of the JB weld high heat epoxy in my car for this reason as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has to be a radiator shop in Brawley or El Centro who can repair it good enough to get you through a few trips until you can get a new radiator.

Id say, almaseal or barsleak....pinch the edge of the tube and run it

Back