Anyone ever go to Mammoth with a sxs?

Ive been wanting to do this trip for ever.  Now that Im back with a new SXS purchase Im gonna try and go sometime.  How is the grade towing up hill with a gas truck F350 v10 towing 28' toy hauler? 

Ive been wanting to do this trip for ever.  Now that Im back with a new SXS purchase Im gonna try and go sometime.  How is the grade towing up hill with a gas truck F350 v10 towing 28' toy hauler? 
Worse part is from Bishop to Tom's place...With my motorhome (8.1 chevy) - and a 7kish trailer - it got down to about 35 MPH.  One trip my father-in-law had a 99 cummings and an 8kish pound trailer and had to stop due to overheating.

Just be ready to go slow and take it easy for the last leg of the trip.

The grade in a gas truck?

I'm gonna say around 4-7mpg? 😁

Just go slow, and you'll be fine. I almost always have to slow down, or the egt gets too high, on my 7.3 as well. 

It's steep, but it's not Kennedy Meadows steep. I had to put my gas truck in low range to make That grade! 😱

@IFLY 😁

Reactions: JBL
Back