Anyone Add A Battery Disconnect To A Can Am ?

I added a radio on my x3 and killed the battery because I didn't install a power switch. So I upgraded to an Odyssey 975 battery and installed a toggle power switch and a main battery disconnect with leads for a trickle charger.

IMG_20230803_131221302_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230803_131232656_HDR.jpg

I got the battery disconnect in. I really hate these Powersports batteries though! Sure wish they would just give you a threaded post instead of those damn nuts and screws. Yes, I did the ear plug hack to help but still a PITA!

Unfortunately, the battery is now the least of the issues. Daughter rolled it onto it's lid. Fortunately, the cage, harnesses and helmets all did their job and no injuries other than a few bruises. I was surprised the damage wasn't worse. The cage is tweaked a bit, the windshield glass broke, side mirror glass broke and right rear fender flare is damaged. They were able to use it for several days after for the rest of our trip. I'll start repairs soon. 

View attachment 91170
Just saw this glad everyone is okay that is the most important. Happy New Year my friend and good luck with the repairs.

Just saw this glad everyone is okay that is the most important. Happy New Year my friend and good luck with the repairs.
Happy New Year to you. Hope you guys are doing well! 

Repairs are under way and should be done next week. Not terrible; new cage, windshield glass, light bar end cap, mirror lens and fender flare. All in all, not bad. 

Reactions: GBR
Back