Any onewheelers on here?

Fireballsocal

Reaction score
I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a onewheel pint. I guess I haven't had enough broken bones or road rash in my lifetime but they look like a blast. Are there any pros/cons you can throw at me? 

onewheel-xr.jpg

Stay off my mtb trail 😂 haha 

Looks fun but I'm skeered. Good luck! 

about 6 or so years ago, my son rode one & he said it sucked.  VERY under powered & there was no way it was going on grass or dirt.  So he built his own deal. 

Mind you in "Tech years" that was forever.  My suggestion would be to ride one before buying....

Stay off my mtb trail 😂 haha 

Looks fun but I'm skeered. Good luck! 
Haha. I'm also waiting on a trek remedy or slash but what's in stock has no wiggle room on price so I'm hanging tight on that purchase. 

about 6 or so years ago, my son rode one & he said it sucked.  VERY under powered & there was no way it was going on grass or dirt.  So he built his own deal. 

Mind you in "Tech years" that was forever.  My suggestion would be to ride one before buying....
Good info. From what I have seen, moderate hills are no problem and grass/packed sand give no issue. I would like to try one first but am pretty sure the learning curve at 44 years old is long enough I won't be able to get a decent feel for it in a short time. 

I have a friend who is a dealer here in Southern Oregon and the ones he rides seem to go up a decent grade on the asphalt and hard pack. He rides them in and out of camp with no problems. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet but have sure been contemplating it. But at 67 I do not heal as fast as I use to lol.

I tried one on Gecko and it was a blast....cruised from the point to road runner 2X.......LOTS of fun!!!

Get One!

:poule:

My brother is just recovered from 2 broken arms from one of those. He had hundreds of miles on his before his crash. Wasn’t even full speed but not much of a chance when one of those stops and you keep going. 

I'm old skool and have a unicycle. Now I think I need to pull it out and see if I can still ride it. Before all you comedians start up......NO, I cannot juggle while riding it, although I must admit, I have tried. 🙂

I say a guy half way around Lake Poway on one of those. There are some pretty steep hills to get where he was.  

Tight pants and a hipster mustache is required. 

Silly me, I was picturing something like this before the picture loaded

Rf71b75f6e66a24cde0e0412f27ec0768

Or this

R71b0224a8bc4f89696cb09c5742648e8

Maybe even this, knowing you
mclean-rocket-roadster-monocycle.jpg

But not this.. 

OIP.MwehYzWrmCq7o-zIV47DJwHaE8

The one wheel wonder won't hurt you, its the sudden stop that will get you every time. Like stated above, the older I get the longer it takes to heal. Try wiping your ass with two broken arms.....

My nephew was riding his the other day and the wheel just locked up for no reason, needless to say he had some serious road rash.  They have no idea why it locked up, it worked perfect 3 seconds later.  If I was riding it when this happened, I would have been broken in half

These are fun to watch crash  LOL.....this uni wheel thing should be similar.

200.gif

I have a friend who is a dealer here in Southern Oregon and the ones he rides seem to go up a decent grade on the asphalt and hard pack. He rides them in and out of camp with no problems. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet but have sure been contemplating it. But at 67 I do not heal as fast as I use to lol.
I hear ya. I still feel some of the worse accidents from my twenties. But I also don't want to live in a bubble. 

My brother is just recovered from 2 broken arms from one of those. He had hundreds of miles on his before his crash. Wasn’t even full speed but not much of a chance when one of those stops and you keep going. 
Holy crap! That's definitely the worst crash I've heard of. I know for sure I'll fall off and will see a tumble or 20. One of the things that is pushing me away from the purchase is having to wear a helmet. It's not that they're required but I know I'll need one. At the same time, I want to feel the wind in my hair. 😉

I tried one on Gecko and it was a blast....cruised from the point to road runner 2X.......LOTS of fun!!!

Get One!

:poule:
Oh man, you're making me want one even more now. Was it easy to get the hang of? 

Back