Adding a Mini Split to the Garage

i put a 2 ton unit in my garage here in havasu. 900sqft. fairly easy to install. keeps my garage at 72 easily when its 115 outside.  garage is fully insulated and drywalled also. i wouldnt worry about brand soo much, just pick one off the jungle website and hook it up.

Thanks guys for the input, the older I get the harder it is to work through the heat.  The garage is already drywalled and insulated, only thing that is not is the Garage door, but that's not to bad to do ( once the AC is blowing ) HAHA

Time to go shopping 

Has anyone done a ballpark measurement of how many kilowatt hours these mini splits use on heat mode? 

Thought about adding one to a toyhauler before i ever owned a toyhauler. 

It might be a good option for heating the toyhauler during the day using solar.

I installed a MR Cool unit last summer in my shop and love it.  I bought it from Home Depot but my buddy found it at Menards and saved some coin during their 11% rebate.  I got the 24k BTU, but not the DIY unit.  I have a vacuum pump and a nitrogen kit for a pressure test on the joints.  My shop is 2025 sq ft and it keeps up pretty good.  If you use their numbers for size, mine is way too small, but I like it.  Now the heat pump won't keep it warm on a really cold day.  

View attachment 39484

View attachment 39485
I think undersized is okay for a garage unless you're expecting 72*.  Either way it goes, better than it was before... :biggrin:

Has anyone done a ballpark measurement of how many kilowatt hours these mini splits use on heat mode? 

Thought about adding one to a toyhauler before i ever owned a toyhauler. 

It might be a good option for heating the toyhauler during the day using solar.
Should be similar cooling/heating since it's just swapping the roles of each exchanger.  Sometimes a little more if it's especially cold because it has to occasionally de-ice the "evaporator" outside.  

Back