-8 AN fittings and hose - any dealers/good place to buy

@Fullthrottleguy I 100% agree and do not plan to buy the cheap china stuff. Just trying to find what I need and it be available is difficult.

We regrouped last night and here is what I'm after today. I should be able to find this today even if it's from two different suppliers.
Figuring out all the terminology and fitting adapters needed was part of my hickup (the internet won yesterday).

Fuel - ethanol rated
15ft of -8 hose and not pushloc
two 1/2" MIP to -8 adapters
six -8 hose ends straights

Oil
15ft -8 hose and not pushloc
seven 3/8MIP to -8 adapters
two 1/2"MIP to -8 adapters
five -8 90deg hose ends
one -8 45deg hose end
one -8 120-150deg hose end (whatever deg/color is in stock)
three -8 hose ends straights

I think this will be easy to find and not outa my $ budget
Thats gonna be relatively inexpensive except the 120-150 degree stuff ... if you can change configuration to use 90 or less it would be far less expensive also even though I have used 120 degrees in my oil system, they do have 2x the restriction than a straight has

I'm sure TCR or Victry Circle in Bako can help you out. Victory circle will probably have everything in stock.

On 5/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, Fullthrottleguy said:

People will hate me for this  - but the China crap is NOT worth your life - cheap fitting crack and leak. If you perfectly support them to stop load and vibration you may get lucky, but for Fuel I only use American Made  - thats Earls or XRP, both From Tom at anplumbing.com  Its not cheap but they are the last fittings you will have to buy.

I have posted the Tim Mcannis Rant on GD before and he still is right  ..

My personal car has XRP, i have never had a issue with any of the fittings, just had them re-anodized for very little expense,  

Some China stuff i have had broke on the end from over tightening or they just do not stay tight, also the cheaper fittings with the swivel O rings are a fire ready to happen,   When the O ring swivel fittings sit on the cheap, then they leak, 

for fuel line i have used a lot of Push-lock, the hose i prefer is the Aeroquip hose,  it looks like HD hydraulic hose and has worked very well, 

got all my fitting ordered on Friday from anfittings.com because the website said everything was in stock, paid for 2-day shipping hoping it would get here by Wednesday this week. What do ya know, 1/2 my order is out of stock and the other items won't be here till next week. I called and biatched at George and all he could do is cancel the out of stick items. They shipped the rest on Friday but the tracker still says it's in Florida....

Off to another method, and I'll just return the whole lot of whatever shows up.

I'm sure TCR or Victry Circle in Bako can help you out. Victory circle will probably have everything in stock.
Victory used to be my go to for these kinda things, but over the years the stock level has dwindled to only the top 50 parts the racers break weekly and since there's limited to no racing.....

I'll try TCR, I've seen there fab work didn't know they stocked parts.

got all my fitting ordered on Friday from anfittings.com because the website said everything was in stock, paid for 2-day shipping hoping it would get here by Wednesday this week. What do ya know, 1/2 my order is out of stock and the other items won't be here till next week. I called and biatched at George and all he could do is cancel the out of stick items. They shipped the rest on Friday but the tracker still says it's in Florida....

Off to another method, and I'll just return the whole lot of whatever shows up.
That is no fun ...everything from outside the US is seeing huge delays ...   I had to replace a Brake Master cylinder last week on a Sand car and my buddy did not want to change everything over to JAMAR  - he wanted the CNC look. I tried everywhere to get a 3/4" MC - everyone said in stock, but I called  all were 6-8 weeks out- they said nothing from China is on time, not Empi or Latest rage, even Appletree in MI  that has Huge inventory of EMPI told me they have seen such big delays they are removing products from the online catalog because they have too many backorders.

If you buy name brand fittings you may have better luck because you can shop a few places and find stock, but they will definitely cost more than off shore, but I think you will have a hard time finding all the pieces you want unless you go ebay - all the off shore fittings are pretty much the same they we match in look

My dads shop sells Fragola. I have used quite a bit of it with no issues. 99% Made in USA. 

Connecticut USA

All of our products, (except for forgings) are manufactured in our facilities in Southington, Connecticut USA. We are continually improving our manufacturing process which includes adding in some automation to keep up with product demands and with the cost of offshore competition.

About Us – Fragola Performance Systems

https://fragolaperformancesystems.com

So update; when I talked to George he even said the items were in stock.... I could hear him entering all my parts into the system. He called "back" to the shipping department who said nope out of stock... Today I get my FedEX tracking info (2-day) after the 2.5 days to pack my order..... and guess what they found some of the missing parts.

I've already ordered Russell parts to fill the non-stock items. No credit yet

I am a fan of G&J as mentioned, however another option in Upland is Bonaco.  I'm not sure where his forging is done, but I know they do a lot of the machining in Upland, and everything is anodized and done in CA.  They typically stock everything and I have never had a problem with their fittings, and I have never heard of a problem.

https://bonacoinc.com/

Let me know what you think of the Racetronix stuff. Need to re-plumb my Albins trans pump so looking to get new hoses and fitting soon. I was skeptical about the anfittings.com so I tried them on my car before any clients cars. Been two seasons so far and other then the black fading a little to a copper color the hoses and fittings don't leak. 
Finished everything up. I don't think I'd use them again. I had about 4 fittings that were leaking right off the bat. I will be the first to admit that my "Shade Tree" mechanic abilities contributed to this, but I don't think that would cause all of them to leak. 

Finished everything up. I don't think I'd use them again. I had about 4 fittings that were leaking right off the bat. I will be the first to admit that my "Shade Tree" mechanic abilities contributed to this, but I don't think that would cause all of them to leak. 
Thanks for letting me know.  My Albins is back from Rancho, in the car and ready for the new plumbing.  I didn't have any issues with the anfittings.com stuff for my fuel system so I may use them again.  I don't 'need' PTFE lines for my trans but at least they'll match the fuel system, especially when they get sun faded to a black/copper color.

Thanks for confirming what I have seen over and over again on cars I work on ...When in doubt watch Tim Mcannis rant again - I hope Racetronix warrantied the stuff and gave you replacements .  better to fail now before you are using them and a fire happens 

FWIW, I have always just put the fittings in my vice with the palm of a leather glove to protect the finish & it has always "worked".

last year when I redid my fuel system I broke down & bought a set of these........  Why the hell didn't I do that YEARS ago..????  they really do make the job a little bit easier.  and when its times "a bunch of fittings" that translates into a higher quality job. 

41nGqhmRnOL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I have not broken down & bought a set of these, most fittings now days have enough flare on them that its not a HUGE PITA like it used to be.

image.jpeg

FWIW, I have always just put the fittings in my vice with the palm of a leather glove to protect the finish & it has always "worked".

last year when I redid my fuel system I broke down & bought a set of these........  Why the hell didn't I do that YEARS ago..????  they really do make the job a little bit easier.  and when its times "a bunch of fittings" that translates into a higher quality job. 

I have not broken down & bought a set of these, most fittings now days have enough flare on them that its not a HUGE PITA like it used to be.

View attachment 6398
The soft jaws are Great  - Earl's has them in Delrin too, even better for Black fittings

If you do any Push lock Like I use on the SC heater exchangers  and other low pressure applications 

this is a huge time saver , its a little pricey, but  It beats heating the tubing with a heat gun, testing with your finger (now called your burnt finger)  and using a leather glove to "man it on"

Koul.png

Anyone have issues with anfittings.com. Every time I try and got to the website it takes me to wheeladaptors.com.  

I just tried it & it forwarded it to wheladapters.com for me as well.  but.......... there is no hint of AN Fittings on that site @ all.  Im guessing its either broken or just not done yet. 

FWIW, Ive been getting my stuff from https://phenixindustries.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back