5th Wheel Hitch options

Very nice. I always wanted to do a 4"-5" thick aux tank the width and height of the bedrails to add about 25 gallons to my stock tank and not loose a lot of bed space. We haul a lot of cargo so bed space is important. 

Anyone using a Reese goosebox on a short bed? Curious about turning radius as I make a u turn in my cul-de-sac. I currently run the superglide on my Mega Cab for my genesis 40cr.
i dont know if its a reese but my buddy has a goose type in his reg bed ram. he cant do 90, his truck in the body shop now getting the dent taken out of the cab. but he can make the turn on his cul de sac. i also live at the top of a cul de sac. i have BW patriot normal 5th wheel hitch, in a standard bed duramax. i can make the turn fine, its close though. if someone has their car parked on the street  i cant make the turn, i have to park down the street. 

I have a Genesis Supreme and Megacab.  Running the goosebox also.  I cannot do a 90* turn but I can do about 75* or so.  

gen y makes a 5” offset plate and ball that mounts to the Ram puck system.  You can find it on their site or E-trailer.

i have a custom 60 gallon tank I made to fit under the rolling cover and infront of the goosebox.  Works great for me,  I even double tow with it.  

View attachment 81915

View attachment 81916

View attachment 81917

View attachment 81918

View attachment 81919
I did some research last year, a guy on the ram forums had the 2" offset said he could almost get 90, but he didn't have a genesis. Kind of an expensive experiment if it doesn't work.

Realistically I could back down my street, but it doesn't sound as fun. But getting ride of the autoslide hitch would be so worth it.

i dont know if its a reese but my buddy has a goose type in his reg bed ram. he cant do 90, his truck in the body shop now getting the dent taken out of the cab. but he can make the turn on his cul de sac. i also live at the top of a cul de sac. i have BW patriot normal 5th wheel hitch, in a standard bed duramax. i can make the turn fine, its close though. if someone has their car parked on the street  i cant make the turn, i have to park down the street. 
By regular you mean 6' or 8'. I would think u could get more than 90 with an 8' bed.

I did some research last year, a guy on the ram forums had the 2" offset said he could almost get 90, but he didn't have a genesis. Kind of an expensive experiment if it doesn't work.

Realistically I could back down my street, but it doesn't sound as fun. But getting ride of the autoslide hitch would be so worth it.

By regular you mean 6' or 8'. I would think u could get more than 90 with an 8' bed.
he has the shorter bed ram. i think my duramax is 6.5' not sure on the ram. 

Back