85.8 KB · Views: 0
  • messages_0 (14).jpeg
    messages_0 (14).jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • messages_0 (13).jpeg
    messages_0 (13).jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
Left the broverlander at home?
The Trailhawk and trailer are mine.  I left the WJ at home, since I had 2 long, looooong road days before even hitting dirt.  The WJ still doesn't love towing the trailer both from a power and cooling perspective.  I have something up my sleeve for it this winter, but I got this 5.7 Hemi Trailhawk (used 2017) to hold me over... and honestly it's pretty much ideal for this type of trip.  

-TJ

Can’t wait for more of these trips for me n’ da bride…. Soon, but I have to keep printing for the next year or 2 $$

After that, I’m gonna be semi-retired … of course Glamis I won’t miss at all. Hope to do 6 trips at my 4 day min this year.. and always a KOH trip.

thanks for sharing!.. probably have a Calico trip in there too.. 

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the cool photos TJ.  This is the kind of trip that should inspire us to reach further!!

Regarding the video, I was thinking wow this is the first time I heard TJ's voice........then I was thinking NO WAY that is him........then I saw it was a video from someone else that you got the idea from 😃

Regarding where you went, compared to where I went today on a short SxS trip just to get out in the fresh air, the comparison would be something like from the Pinnacle to the Pits 🙃

Can I assume with pulling the little trailer that pretty much any decent 2wd could do this who trip? At anytime was 4wd or ground clearance needed?  We’re all the dirt roads maintained? 

Badass man!  Wish I could have gone, or even sent Balin with you.  Someday we will get out there with you.

Can’t wait for more of these trips for me n’ da bride…. Soon, but I have to keep printing for the next year or 2 $$

After that, I’m gonna be semi-retired … of course Glamis I won’t miss at all. Hope to do 6 trips at my 4 day min this year.. and always a KOH trip.

thanks for sharing!.. probably have a Calico trip in there too.. 

abc
Right on, right on.  Semi-retired sounds like a dream, and perfect for trips like this.  

Thanks for all the cool photos TJ.  This is the kind of trip that should inspire us to reach further!!

Regarding the video, I was thinking wow this is the first time I heard TJ's voice........then I was thinking NO WAY that is him........then I saw it was a video from someone else that you got the idea from 😃

Regarding where you went, compared to where I went today on a short SxS trip just to get out in the fresh air, the comparison would be something like from the Pinnacle to the Pits 🙃
Haha, dude in the video doesn't sound nearly mad, or a-hole enough to be me! 😄 

Also, nice reference: 

No prob!

-TJ

So dope. glad you got a away. looks like a awesome time and views.

Thanks!

Thanks, you have a Jeep for this stuff now, should I let you know the next time we're doing something like this? 

-TJ
Yes! Do I need to start building an off road trailer? :lol:  

Yes! Do I need to start building an off road trailer? :lol:  
It does make it easier/nicer, especially on trips like this where we move daily... but it's certainly not necessary.  Besides, you have to tow your BBQ trailer, lol.  With your JKUR you should be able to sleep inside of it, which means you avoid putting a tent up/down daily.  The downside of that is you have to get all your stuff in/out of the trailer every stop... and you have to sleep with your garbage and food (can't be leaving that stuff out in bear country).  

hit up randy at lead dog motorsports in havasu, just buy one ready to go 😉
They sell Hiker and Off Grid trailers, right?  I looked into them some before finding this SoCal Teardrop used.  Nice trailers, no doubt.  I know most "Overland" trailer suppliers are out of stock and 6-12mo out on orders because it's the cool new thing. 

-TJ

Back