35" Tire opinions

Would it make any difference getting E or F rated tires if your wheels can only handle E capacity?  3640 to 3700 is about average for a 8 lug wheel.
10-Ply versus 12-Ply....I prefer the added sidewall strength in the 12-Ply (F) for peace of mind. 

Toyo/Nitto will be about the same tire, just different tread pattern/appearance (same company, likely the same carcass).  

Falkens seem to be okay, but if the price is the same, I'd go Nitto/Toyo 1,000%.
Went with the Toyo's over the Falken's. I don't think anyone can lose on either tire brand.....price was very comparable....BUT....the Falken's are about 10lbs. heavier than the Toyo or Nitto. 

I've had an AMAZING experience with my 33" Falken Wildpeak A/T's
over 70k on them and they still have 50%+ tread left. They've been awesome.

If you are towing into the sand, go back to 17" wheels, they air down so much better and your tire options are endless as well.  Just my opinion.

If you are towing into the sand, go back to 17" wheels, they air down so much better and your tire options are endless as well.  Just my opinion.
Haven't had to air down in Years....17" wheels on 35" tires adds sidewall flex when towing a 40' 5th wheel in my opinion. I get the thought process but I'm never going to pull my 40' that far into the dunes to camp.  :cheers:

Over the years I've run the following on my 06 2500 Duramax in a 33" E-rated on 17" wheels, towed a 38' 5er till 2017:

original Toyo Open Country A/T - excellent tire, got ~55k miles out of them.

Hankook DynaPro A/T - worst tire I've ever run, horrible balancing, softest sidewall ever, super sketchy towing, had them removed after a week.

original Nitto Terra Grappler A/T - best tire to date, took almost no weight, ran smooth and true the whole time, these replaced the Hankooks, got ~65k miles out of them.

BFG A/T KO2 - not great, couldn't get to balance for shiat and noticeably drug the truck down, Discount replaced them after 2 weeks.

Cooper Discoverer ATP - ok tire initially but started feathering within 15k miles, these replaced the BFGs, ran them for about 45k miles then gave them to my brother who is still running them on his 1500 Silverado.

Toyo Open Country A/T3 - good tire but have pretty piss poor wet traction if I'm honest. Have ~15k miles on them so far and they're showing some wear, probably would not buy again.

Over the years I've run the following on my 06 2500 Duramax in a 33" E-rated on 17" wheels, towed a 38' 5er till 2017:

original Toyo Open Country A/T - excellent tire, got ~55k miles out of them.

Hankook DynaPro A/T - worst tire I've ever run, horrible balancing, softest sidewall ever, super sketchy towing, had them removed after a week.

original Nitto Terra Grappler A/T - best tire to date, took almost no weight, ran smooth and true the whole time, these replaced the Hankooks, got ~65k miles out of them.

BFG A/T KO2 - not great, couldn't get to balance for shiat and noticeably drug the truck down, Discount replaced them after 2 weeks.

Cooper Discoverer ATP - ok tire initially but started feathering within 15k miles, these replaced the BFGs, ran them for about 45k miles then gave them to my brother who is still running them on his 1500 Silverado.

Toyo Open Country A/T3 - good tire but have pretty piss poor wet traction if I'm honest. Have ~15k miles on them so far and they're showing some wear, probably would not buy again.
Is your truck lifted?

Curious...I am not ready for new tires yet but looking to go with a slightly larger size.

I have had good luck with the BFG's. I just don't want a tire that hums! They would start to cup though.

Stock size on my '24 AT4 is 275/65R20.....looking to go 295/65R20 A/T That ends up being 35.1" tall with 11.5" wide tread. I really don't want to go wider like a 305 or 315, I'd have to go with a shorter sidewall...my truck is stock height, not gonna lift it. Maybe just 1 full turn on the torsions??

I may look at the Toyo's...55k miles out of those is impressive, or even the Nitto's, 65k miles wow!

Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. Used to be a BFG guy but no more. Quiet tire with low rolling resistance( noticeable). 30,000 miles on a Chevy Trail Boss and looks like I will get another 30k out of them easily.

I’ve had both Nitto and Toyo tires separate after 3 years on the truck.  Maybe I don’t drive my truck enough (7500miles/ year) but I couldn’t justify the money for either of those a 3rd time. I went with gladiator x comps and plan on replacing them at the 3 year mark regardless of condition.  35x12.50r18 F rated and I only spent $850 on 4 gladiators.  Half of what nitto or Toyo cost and if they last 3 years it will be worth it. 

Is your truck lifted?

Curious...I am not ready for new tires yet but looking to go with a slightly larger size.

I have had good luck with the BFG's. I just don't want a tire that hums! They would start to cup though.

Stock size on my '24 AT4 is 275/65R20.....looking to go 295/65R20 A/T That ends up being 35.1" tall with 11.5" wide tread. I really don't want to go wider like a 305 or 315, I'd have to go with a shorter sidewall...my truck is stock height, not gonna lift it. Maybe just 1 full turn on the torsions??

I may look at the Toyo's...55k miles out of those is impressive, or even the Nitto's, 65k miles wow!
Just turned up torsion bars and Bilstein 5100s. Left side all the way, right side enough to be even side-to-side since the GMT800 generation always seemed to have a sag to the left side.

My next set of tires will most likely be the Falken Wildpeak AT whatever version it they're on in like 5 years when the time comes, lol.

Back