35" Tire opinions

Meter Tech

Reaction score
Time to replace my Ram 3500 (SRW) truck tires. 

My last 3 tire replacements have always been Nitto Ridge Grapplers with no issues but I would like to try something different. 

Looking at the new Toyo Open Country R/T Trail tires OR the new Falken Wild Peak R/T

Pricing is about the same for either so not a factor. I tow a 40' 5th wheel so I want a (F) 12-ply tire. 

Let me know if anyone has some experience with either of these tire options and would appreciate your feedback. 

Thank you  :cheers:

I went with these on my Ram and have been very happy with them.

Edit: probably scrap this one for your search. Just read you are looking for 12ply. These are 10.

Mickey Thompson LT315/70R17 Tire, Baja Boss A/T - 90000036823

MickeyThompson_BajaBossAT_01.jpg

MickeyThompson_BajaBossAT_01.jpg

(15) (Write a Review) | 2 Q&A

Looking for a new set of tires for your Jeep, truck, SUV or 4x4, but are confused by all the options? We walk you through what you need to know in our Tire buying guide.

How to Get it

• Free! Curbside & In-Store Pickup:
    Ships to store within 2 to 4 business days ?View Store Information
  • Ship to HomeIn-Stock Ships Today ?

• Size: LT315/70R17
  • Side Wall: Black
  • Overall Diameter: 34.6 "
  • Load Range: E
  • Max Load: 3195 lbs
  • Tread Depth: 18.5/32
  • Max PSI: 65
  • Speed Rating: Q
  • Tread Type: All Terrain
  • Rim Range: 8.50"-11.00"
  • Weight: 66.414 lbs
  • Ply: 10

Last edited by a moderator:
I've run Cooper Discoverer AT3 and MAXX on my SRW Ram 2500, but they're both 10-ply Load E like the M/T above.

Buddy has wild peaks... now has death wobble.... 

Had Coopers one time... blew the side of my truck apart. 

I run BFGs..

Buddy has wild peaks... now has death wobble.... 

Had Coopers one time... blew the side of my truck apart. 

I run BFGs..
Oh damn.....I just noticed the Falkens are heavy....78.5 #'s per tire versus the Toyo comes in at 69 #'s both 12 ply tires. 

Running on my 2nd set of Toyo R/T F rated 35's

Love them. Work great on highway (quiet) and in the sand.  Never had to air down and do pull my friends out of the sand when needed.

Running on my 2nd set of Toyo R/T F rated 35's

Love them. Work great on highway (quiet) and in the sand.  Never had to air down and do pull my friends out of the sand when needed.

Definitely leaning towards the Toyo's....Thx! 
2018 2500HD Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax.  Got 45K on the first set and could have put another 10K plus if my alignment shop hadn't of eff'd up the last alignment.

My last 3 tire replacements have always been Nitto Ridge Grapplers with no issues but I would like to try something different. 

Looking at the new Toyo Open Country R/T Trail tires OR the new Falken Wild Peak R/T

Pricing is about the same for either so not a factor. I tow a 40' 5th wheel so I want a (F) 12-ply tire. 

Let me know if anyone has some experience with either of these tire options and would appreciate your feedback. 

I run the same tires on the same truck and had 6 of them bubble and warranty at 20k miles.  Its been about 10k since then with no issues, knock on wood i got a bad couple sets.  Overall the tires do good on tread wear and sand grip when aired down if towing deep into soft sand. 

Always ran Toyos on my trucks last set were 35” AT 3’s loved them.

I went though this when choosing tires for my 3500 Srw megacab. Single load rating  on the Toyo Rt "F" 35x12.5 R20 is 3640 lbs, rating on the "E" 295/65R20 4,080 lbs. 

Toyo/Nitto will be about the same tire, just different tread pattern/appearance (same company, likely the same carcass).  

Falkens seem to be okay, but if the price is the same, I'd go Nitto/Toyo 1,000%.

Just chiming in on size.  BFG run small compared to other brands.  So a BFG 35" is more like a 34".  Only reason I say this if your wheel well is tight it can make a difference. 

Wheel size makes a big difference in the tire you’re getting if it’s E rated vs F. I didn’t realize it was going to be on a 20” wheel. I just put a new set of 35” Toyo muds on my cummins but running a 17” wheel so I can only get E rated. 

Would it make any difference getting E or F rated tires if your wheels can only handle E capacity?  3640 to 3700 is about average for a 8 lug wheel.

Back