1980 GMC 7000 4X4 RV project

Not too late to setup a go pro with the time lapse feature. Turn years of work into a short video. Could clamp it to the awning support on the trailer as one view. I like watching those videos because you can learn a lot and get inspired for your own projects.
I actually started to record it to post. I got s gopro10 just before I cut most of it off. 

Follow button at the bottom of the page I think. So does your truck have a divorced transfer case? A lot of those bigger chassis 4x4s that I've seen do making an engine swap a lot easier because you can stick just about any engine transmission combo in and not have to worry about changing the front and rear drive shafts or the t case 
Divorced transfer case 

It has a Chevy BB 427 which I'm planning to put EFI on it. The goal is once its registered I'm planning to replace it with  7.3 power stroke or Cummings 5.9. I'm researching with DMV on my options. According to documentation I can use a donor vehicle which is newer than this truck. So anything over 1980. I'm  going keeping the 427 engine for a truggy project incase you guys get any ideas.

Do yourself a favor and call a ref before buying a motor. There are a bunch of other considerations like emissions class. 

I found out the hard way chit’s changed a little:

https://motoiq.com/jeep-ls-swap-part-2-donor-teardown/

You may already be aware, but before you get stuff for that 427 keep in mind the truck 427s are tall deck, so the intake and other things are not standard BBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back