1/4" screw gun/impact

Ah, yes, the ratchet.  I have the smaller version with the 3/8 head.  It's not breaking anything loose like an air ratchet.  The paddle is terrible.  Thought maybe I just got a bad one..  When you hit the paddle, if there is too much load on it, the thing quits and you have to cycle the paddle.
Cordless ratchets are designed to break loose the fastener by moving the handle like you would a normal ratchet. Once the fastener is broken loose, use the switch and the motor spins the fastener free. 

I have the Dewalt 1/4 driver and the adapters can be a pain but I use it a lot have 3/8 drive and 2 sizes of 1/2 impacts 4.5 @ angle grinder I use a lot all are the 20 volt max my ratchet is Snap On by far the superior ratchet. I had some 18 volt Milwaukee stuff but when it came to warranty was a total pain so switched to Dewalt haven’t had a need for warranty on them so far.

I just won a Ryobi 1/4".  It may break a lug-nut loose....if you wait, and wait and abuse it. 

A 17mm nut....it won't break it loose, maybe not a 14mm.  But, if you break it, the tool will turn it.

I am using a HF 1/4 to 3/8" adapter.

I have a Makita 1/4" hex driver.  Breaks loose just about anything 14mm or 9/16s and smaller unless there's a problem.  Use it ALL THE DAMNED TIME.  Love the tool, and even my dad has been converted from "batteries suck" to continually buying more and more 18v tools.

Milwaukee has an M18 1/4" brushless:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-1-4-in-Hex-Impact-Driver-Tool-Only-2853-20/305059614

And brushed (with 3.0ah battery):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-1-4-in-Hex-Impact-Driver-Kit-with-One-3-0Ah-Battery-Charger-and-Bag-2656-21P/304138981

To come back around to this.  Here is what I went with.  I used it a bit today.  While I don't like to use impacts on anything that is pressed in, I used it on to.change the wheels on the buggy.  They were not torqued all the way down, but they were tight.  It took them off without sweating.  

I also used them on the 1/2" bolts one skid plate and it busted them lose easy as well.  

Bitchen little tool, I can only imagine how much power the big dog has...  

Thanks

Bob

20210725_121531.jpg

Back