What was your first dirt bike?

Indian 50. I was about 4. 1978.

My dad bought it new for my sister 75-76.

Wish I still had it. Got passed down to my cousin. Aunts 3rd hubby sold it at a garage sale for $50 in the early 90s.
The first bike I rode was an Indian 50! Thing was rad. Our neighbor brought it home for his son and let me ride it. Then my dad went and got me the Honda SL70. 

Started late, got a Yamaha XT550 dual sport. Then a new ‘96 CR250, sucked at it and went back to riding three wheelers

Don't remember what year it was, Honda Elsinore 60, i was in 3rd grade i believe.

Powell Challenger Mini Bike. Took it to Glamis with my buddies family (around '77) and rounded off the aluminum rear sprocket. It did great in the local hills and actually did pretty good tooling around Gecko for about a day..........after that we tried putting a Trail 70 rear wheel and sprocket on it but the sprocket was too small and we lost all low end.😂

Powell.jpg

If I exclude my Bonanza mini-bike, my first "real" bike was a '76(?) Hodaka Wombat, known as a "Red Tank Wombat", because prior Hodakas mostly had chrome tanks.

Not Mine, but a decent photo from the webz:

IMG_2425.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
1975 Kawasaki KV75

Kawasaki-KV75-Right-Side.jpg

Late 70s JT60 got in the late 80s someone was throwing away all it needed was some cleaning up and fresh gas, not my pic but it was simliar

jt60.jpg

Back