New Forum Site Layout, Can it be Changed?

J Alper

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Before it was easier to scroll all the topics,  was nice when you felt like you had a little Insomnia 

It seems a little harder to use,

Just a Ask here  but before when you hit the GD symbol it would go to the LATEST TOPICS, but now it goes to MOST RECENT 

on the Most Recent there is not allot of stuff to look at, 

Also If they can make the MOST RECENT be like the UNREAD CONTENT PAGE,  

if you go to unread content condensed, it makes it super easy to scroll to many topics,   

ON the topic section on the last setup, it had around 8 pages,    but before that around 13 years ago, it had plethora of topics you could scroll on without leaving the main page,  

Home page we have  most recent, main menu we have "Recent Topics" and on the Forums page there is a block with both. I am sure there is some tweaking to be done and we appreciate the feedback for the fine tuning.

For there to be a plethora of topics to look at we first need a plethora of topics :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Home page we have  most recent, main menu we have "Recent Topics" and on the Forums page there is a block with both. I am sure there is some tweaking to be done and we appreciate the feedback for the fine tuning.

For there to be a plethora of topics to look at we first need a plethora of topics :lol:

ON the home page is shows 9 topics 

if you go to the Latest topics it will only list 20 

but on the unread content it will real all of the past content and you can keep on realing from page page,   but the Unread content tab is not a good layout, if you add a post then you can not go back and find it, 

The Latest Topic page is a good layout, it just need to be able to scroll at least 100 or more topics, 

the GD symbol should be the Latest Topics link like it on the old platform, 

Gotcha, I am sure we can adjust that.. The GD symbol  always took you to the portal/ home page.. We will dial it in and be discussing  the classifieds/ buy and sell situation as well.  

"New Posts" would be ideal
Not sure if you guys have seen this, it is on the forums page under the lobby box. Easy to find on a desk top but takes some scrolling to get to on a mobile, we will get some stuff moves around soon to ease use.

Screenshot_2021-05-12_175218.jpg

ON the home page is shows 9 topics 

if you go to the Latest topics it will only list 20 

but on the unread content it will real all of the past content and you can keep on realing from page page,   but the Unread content tab is not a good layout, if you add a post then you can not go back and find it, 

The Latest Topic page is a good layout, it just need to be able to scroll at least 100 or more topics, 

the GD symbol should be the Latest Topics link like it on the old platform, 
I agree with Alper 100%, it was really nice scrolling through 12 pages of most recent posts.

All in all, we really appreciate you guys doing your best and getting the site back up and thank you for all the hard work. 

I dont see the Lobby on mine, i thing i have looked everywhere 

So what is the chatbox? do you invite people in? Do we have to be extra vigilant on Tuesdays? 

I agree with Alper 100%, it was really nice scrolling through 12 pages of most recent posts.

All in all, we really appreciate you guys doing your best and getting the site back up and thank you for all the hard work. 
I checked into that last night to adjust it, but it just extended the block to accommodate more post. That will be A FNG thing and hes down for a minute but we will work on it.

I sure do wish the shoutbox was a part of the "Unread Content" page like it used to be instead of a pop-up window that takes 3 clicks to open...

:js:

I sure do wish the shoutbox was a part of the "Unread Content" page like it used to be instead of a pop-up window that takes 3 clicks to open...

:js:
If you click the View New Posts above the troutbox should show on the right side :cheers:

If you click the View New Posts above the troutbox should show on the right side :cheers:
That's cool, thanks.

I usually only use the "unread content" page though.  Just wanted to ask if it was possible.

The main page is too busy.  The chat/shout box needs to be it's own thing you can select to see.  Don't force the rest of us to look at the garbage.  IMO, EVERYTHING to the right of the forum listing needs "tab".

Back