Deckboat... what to buy??

Im a magic deck boat owner. Nothing wrong with magics except the year they where built. Most magics are comiing up on the 20 year mark. All major brand deck boats are going to do the same thing, large open space, plenty of storage and easy walk off.. These newer deck boats look amazing but have some draw backs.  Nordic for instance in my opinion have large/tall sponsons,  so when beached walking on and off can be difficult due to the front of the boat is high off the the ground where you might need a step for simple on and off.  These newer deck boat are also heavy. So needing big power is ideal to get them to plane quickly or just cruise at a nice speed. I think thats why alot of newly built deck boats with small power are for sale after they are built. New owner isnt happy with being under powered. Your in the dirvers seat with plenty of time to find and test out boats if buying used. The market is starting to get flooded with used boats. 

After this summer, made me realize it may be time to sell the wakeboard boat and get a nice deckboat. Yup old age is settling in.

Used market is flooded with Magics and others. I was almost thinking of ordering a new boat. Eliminator is a nice boat , conquest looks nice. Feel free to enlighten me. ..

@RiverDave might have some good input on this.

Once you go toon, you will not go back to a Fiberglass hull.

Back