Your favorite A Pillar lights?

Conrad

Reaction score
What are your favorite A Pillar lights? I’m NOT running a light bar, I prefer single lights. I want quality, BRIGHT lights. I was looking into the Baja Designs LP9, but I heard that the “side shooter” LEDs will light up the interior of the car. Baja Designs remedies this by disconnecting the inside LEDs, so I may still order a pair. But it got me wondering what you guys are running? 

8BAA68D9-6036-4D2F-B4FF-828640E05234.png

Baja Design XL80 are my go to for A-pillar. I then run Amber on the lower too. 

BD squadron pro with flood lens and amber covers. Got them pointed angled to the side probably 15-20 degrees out and downward too so I can peek over the edges of transitions before really turning into it. Works real well. Sort of like the side lights on those lp9’s I guess.  Xl80 combos out in the nose as well. I sat down with one of the sales guys at BD, and that was what we came up with for duning at night without going crazy $$. Couldn’t be any happier with the results. Tons of light.

I had rigid pods on my last car, clear on the pillar and ambers on the front. I loved them. I always lead at night and they worked great I thought, and the price wasn’t bad. 
On my new car I installed BD HID lights on the top because I love the look and will be putting the amber xl80s on the front and maybe wire and install them on the pillar also. They are more pricey for sure though

BD XL80’s! I only ran two on the front bumper and it was all I needed.

Thx fellas! I'm SOLD on the BD XL80s! Whipsandshyt, I gather you have 2 clear lens at the A pillar and 2 yellow lens on the bumper? Amazing light pattern

Thx fellas! I'm SOLD on the BD XL80s! Whipsandshyt, I gather you have 2 clear lens at the A pillar and 2 yellow lens on the bumper? Amazing light pattern
Yes 2 clear on the A pillar and 2 amber in the grill. All pointed slightly out for as much coverage as possible 

Cheap Chinese spots pointed out suuuuuuuper wide so they don't just daytime the suspension/tire and ruin visibility. :biggrin:

Peripheral vision is more sensitive to light anyway. 

Last edited by a moderator:
S2 pro are awesome also,  much smaller and fit perfectly behind side mirrors and don't create a blind spot during the day.

Back