Yamaha Warrior Q's

Stinky

Reaction score
I am looking for a another Quad.  I see an add for a Yamaha Warrior in my price range.  I see that Yamaha no longer makes them.  

Where can I find info about them?

Such as:

Electric Start

Are they all 350s

Auto-clutch or manual clutch

Chain or shaft drive

How good are they?

Worst Quad ever made, Under powered under suspended over priced.  Your better off with just about anything north of a blaster over one. 

Oh it's for the wife, she isn't an aggressive rider well I hope not the front end of the warrior weighs more than her.  The front end will go down like your prom date after a bottle of boones farm. 

I would not recommend, everyone I know who bought one regretted it big time.  I would look into Honda 400EX even the Suzuki 400 is a better overall bike then anything with the Warrior name tag. The engine while it might not be a lemon it's a lot like the Prom Date it's going to leave you unfulfilled in the long run.

Agree with MWB.  I don't have first hand experience but what I've seen they are more of a ranch quad.

Look at other models. 

My dad had one when I was a kid. I started riding it when i was 10… slower than molasses, super heavy, handled terribly. Not a fan of them. Honda 400 and Suzuki 400 are both amazing bikes. I’d keep an eye out for one of those. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst Quad ever made, Under powered under suspended over priced.  Your better off with just about anything north of a blaster over one. 

Oh it's for the wife, she isn't an aggressive rider well I hope not the front end of the warrior weighs more than her.  The front end will go down like your prom date after a bottle of boones farm. 

I would not recommend, everyone I know who bought one regretted it big time.  I would look into Honda 400EX even the Suzuki 400 is a better overall bike then anything with the Warrior name tag. The engine while it might not be a lemon it's a lot like the Prom Date it's going to leave you unfulfilled in the long run.
Agreed. It's not that the warrior is a bad quad. It's just an old school heavy and slow four stroke and the quads that came out shortly afterward are so much better and cost about the same that you should look at the other bikes. The warrior changed to the raptor 350 and got new plastics but the same or very similar frame and drivetrain. Electric start was standard w/ chain drive. All are 350cc w/ manual clutch. 

I'm partial to the 400EX but the suzuki and kawi water cooled 400s are good quads also.  Basically twins with different colors. 

We have had two warriors over the years, one is the engine in my kids mini buggy, electric start, manual clutch has reverse and runs good other than it does not to be revved out all the time since its air cooled,it can overheat. They are chain drive, 4 speed with a regular clutch. Has a second hand lever for engaging reverse. 4 stroke air cooled 350. Power is similar to a Honda 300 ex, mostly torque. My oldest daughter rode one for years,it was reliable but the suspension is not the best, rides similar to a banshee but slightly narrower stance when stock. Overall they are good quads and plenty of parts still available.

IMG_20180120_122114922_HDR.jpg

31854.jpeg

Yeah, what was said above: heavy, slow, handles poorly.  

If yore looking for a mid-sized sport quad....there are newer models to choose from.

YAM Warrior 350, HON TRX250EX / TRX300EX, KAW Lakota Sport 300 and SUZ Quadrunner 250 are all late 80's early 90's models that are pretty close to each other.

Yeah parts are available for all of them, but they are all older tech motors and outadted suspension....not to mention HEAVY and Slower..

Big question is what is yore budget range? $$ :deal:

ALLOT of newer models available for cheap $ right now that fit in that same mis-sized sport quad niche, with better motors and suspension.

The one that I saw....and still see, on CL, is 60 miles away, and is $1,800.  I don't see anything else in the price range.

Keep in mind, that I have 3 Utility bikes now.  They are half-tractor.  5" of suspension travel and are 2wd 230cc machines.  Sooooo, an underpowered 350 would be a significant increase in power.  And, the Warrior would have to handle way better.

I guess price is a big factor in what I'm looking for.  Lots of utility bikes in my area, but not that many sport ATVs for sale.

For $1,800 go find a Honda 400ex or Kaw/Suzuki 400.  

Back