X3 Remote Battery Post

Dockmaster

Reaction score
Needed to move my 2018 X3 the other day and found a completely dead battery. As most know, the battery is a PITA to get to. Mine is even worse as I have an aftermarket bench seat so I have to pretty much remove the seat to access the battery. So I figured I would try to do something about this and ordered one of these remote battery post kits. It looks like high quality. It mounts just on the other side of the battery forward of the right rear tire. Anyone else install one of these? Any feedback? Also, what's a good quality battery to install since I'm guessing mine is toast? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCPPVPZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just installed that same one only 2 weeks ago.i did not like that location thay recommened.i figured mud,water,sand everything is gonna collect under the caps.it comes with like 36'' of pig tail. I mounted mine up high behind the passenger seat.seat still goes all the way back.i just have to slide the seat up a hair to remove the caps.but its now chest high, easy to get to while standing up.i also liked another spot up under the bed with the 2 posts sticking out of the wall of the bed.

I have that same one, but have not installed it yet.  Should be a pretty easy install.    My friend made his own and installed in the same location as the kit recommends.  He never had an issue with the location. 

6 hours ago, Dockmaster said:

Needed to move my 2018 X3 the other day and found a completely dead battery. As most know, the battery is a PITA to get to. Mine is even worse as I have an aftermarket bench seat so I have to pretty much remove the seat to access the battery. So I figured I would try to do something about this and ordered one of these remote battery post kits. It looks like high quality. It mounts just on the other side of the battery forward of the right rear tire. Anyone else install one of these? Any feedback? Also, what's a good quality battery to install since I'm guessing mine is toast? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCPPVPZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have that exact and love it. 
I clip the battery tender to it to maintain a charge. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate the input. Glad to hear this works well. Any input on a battery replacement? 

Need to get that kit...

But, I also run a battery tender and the connector for it floats behind the passenger seat.  Never was a fan of the clips except for batteries that aren't in a vehicle.

I put one of those on my old X3.... I also put in the dual battery kit since I had a stereo.... They work great to isolate the stereo and ignition, so if your playing your stereo and that battery goes dead, you have the other battery to start your car.

1 more word of wisdom... Get yourself a NORCO battery jump pack and carry it in the car incase your battery does go dead so you can jump it.

The best batteries I found for reliablity were from UTV Stereo in Arizona. You can also get the dual battery kit from them.

Hope that helps, and good luck

Back