Wuerth Motorsports Sandcars Gallery

Desertdogs

Reaction score
Thought since we have a Funco Forum - it would be a good idea to have a gallery of cars for all of the builders. Not for Tech - those questions/topics to stay in the Technical forum.  Post them pics of your awesome cars!!!

It's a bummer he isn't building cars anymore. They were so well built. 

He Cad'd every part of his cars, fit and finish was really nice!

Got my 06 Wuerth last season. Had a N/A J35 Honda in it with a 091 trans. This off season making a ton of changes to it. Rewired whole car, mendeola 2D, turbo kit, engine management, new lights, front hubs and wheels, etc. 

these are great cars and it feels good doing some updates to it! I’ll post more pics once it’s all back together. 

9DE897C3-2DDF-4F63-92F1-C7BA615CF480.jpeg

B08C1591-A458-4CE4-8082-5BDCD7635B0F.jpeg

617AB053-70BA-4BB7-A7DB-931DDDF2FF21.jpeg

Awesome to come across this and see all the other great cars that were built. I am actually on the hunt to see if a car i grew up driving in the desert can be located. Hoping to find it now i am older and own it again!! It was a 2009 dual sport ls1/2d combo bought it direct, sold it to a gentleman named garret i want to say 2011 maybe then he sold it. Frequented glamis and ocotillo wells not sure where it went after that. I am looking for more pictures but here is one i have now. Would love to find this one! If not will look into another one hopefully in the future

166F25B4-13D0-448E-BFFA-D48875625FCC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome to come across this and see all the other great cars that were built. I am actually on the hunt to see if a car i grew up driving in the desert can be located. Hoping to find it now i am older and own it again!! It was a 2009 dual sport ls1/2d combo bought it direct, sold it to a gentleman named garret i want to say 2011 maybe then he sold it. Frequented glamis and ocotillo wells not sure where it went after that. I am looking for more pictures but here is one i have now. Would love to find this one! If not will look into another one hopefully in the future

View attachment 21162
That car is in my group and doing great. It’s a Glamis only car now. It had a session with king shocks and rides fantastic, had the torsion tube replaced and upgraded with a larger, thicker tube because all out Wuerths cracked there and is owned by a GM master tech. You’re PROBABLY not going to be buying it back any time soon as he loves the car. 

I just sold mine in September and already regret it. image.jpeg

That car is in my group and doing great. It’s a Glamis only car now. It had a session with king shocks and rides fantastic, had the torsion tube replaced and upgraded with a larger, thicker tube because all out Wuerths cracked there and is owned by a GM master tech. You’re PROBABLY not going to be buying it back any time soon as he loves the car. 

I just sold mine in September and already regret it. View attachment 27303
Awesome to here its out there being enjoyed!! Ya we always knew we needed to get the shocks tuned up, seemed to always sag to much under its own weight up front. 
Definitely hoping to be in a Wuerth car one day!!

Hey guys quick question here. Sorry i know its the Wuerth Gallery page but does anyone recall the overall length of the ls/2d small dual sport? Like the one i was searching for above. Trying to see if it fits the hauler i am looking at.

thank you all

Hey guys quick question here. Sorry i know its the Wuerth Gallery page but does anyone recall the overall length of the ls/2d small dual sport? Like the one i was searching for above. Trying to see if it fits the hauler i am looking at.

thank you all
My j35/2d car is about 14’.  From my understanding the cars Steve built with an LS had a slightly longer engine cage, everything else was the same. So maybe an additional 6” to 1 ft?  Just a guess. 

im in the process of converting to an LS now and will have to extend my engine cage a bit. 

Back