Wrong Injectors?

Dylanshaffer

Reaction score
I have a 2.5 sohc Subaru motor and noticed sand building up around the injectors. I got new o rings and the old ones were in pretty bad shape and definitely had some cracking and sand ingress. After replacing the o rings and tightening down the fuel rails the injectors don’t seem that tight and there’s still a big gap between the wide part of the injector and where I’d expect it to seat against the intake manifold. In addition to the two small o rings on the tips of the injectors there’s also a bigger one that seems like it should seal against the manifold. The engine runs great but has always had a rough idle which I’m guessing could be caused by a vacuum leak here. Let me know what you think. 

5B9534AC-3AF2-4974-A1CB-0BBBDA4ABFA0.png

63EB56CE-3A2C-4702-B383-A48053F0EB1B.jpeg

924F6E6F-FDCD-439C-BC49-523A222E0413.jpeg

F5BCD186-AADB-4D96-975E-94846C482559.jpeg

The injectors should fit snug in the runner. I just dealt with this on my Honda. I would give RC Fuel Injection a call or John at Outfront. They should be able to confirm if another O Ring is needed.

I'm hoping to pull my 2.5 engine this weekend and swap stuff over to another engine, including injectors. I'll take some pics then.

Here is a pic of what I have. On the left is the stock injector from a 2.5. On the right is the pic of my oversized injector with spacer. 20220402_131523.jpg

Here is a pic of the fuel rail and intake for reference.

20220402_131840.jpg

we have oversized O rings for the LS, it looks like the same issue might work for you, this should help seal,  the LS1 injector to a LS3 intake have the same issue, O rings are $12

The silver injector just uses one o ring preside. Once fuel rail is bolted down it’s important to have injector movement. It should not be tight. As long as it can rotate and go up and down a little you are fine. Pinching the injector can lead to issues. You show an early four cam intake and a sohc manifold. Which one are you going to be using?

Back