Would You Trade For a Speed SxS?

Dockmaster

Reaction score
I listed my my sand rail for sale about a week ago. Have had some interest but no real offers yet. I have a guy not far from me that’s wants to trade me for a Speed El Jefe LE 4 seater. I listed my car because I seldom use it. I have  a Can Am SxS now that my kids drive. A SxS gets used more because we have trail riding near our vacation house. I’m considering making the trade. Are the Speed cars reasonably reliable? I’m in Oregon so taking it to Havasu for service would be a pain. Perhaps if I’m considering this trade I should post for trades for a Can Am or RZR?

If you enjoyed working on your car and like finding and fixing things yes. If you want the dealer network and parts availability no. 

if you’re just trail riding and want to just take it to the dealer for service and work you really can beat a can am or Polaris parts for these things are everywhere. 

I just went to glamis for the 1st time with our Polaris turbo s no paddles and completely stock car with no engine mods and had a blast. 11yr old feel asleep on the ride back from the flag ceremony. That’s how smooth the ride is in comfort mode on this thing.  It’s really great for running trails and hills in the desert. It will never be a sand car but you already know that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a tough choice. 
I have #62 and although I swear by this car, I’ve had and have a few small issues they I’d rather the dealer take care of. 
with so many updates happening, you’d need resources to get it updated. 
I mean, it’s an amazing car and I stand by it, but I also live where I can have it worked on. 

Great car but there are bugs to get worked out. 

X2

Why not if you have an interested buyer / trade.

Distance is the only thing that sucks for you. The Parts network will become something at some point.

I'm a little risk-adverse and to me speed is a risk at this point. We don't know how it's going to end up... It may end up in a big class action, it may end up being the ultimate God's greatest gift to side by sides, but right now you may be getting into something that will be hard to get rid of.

Isn't there a dealer in Oregon? I can't recall the name, maybe Big Pine??? But a dealer had a few cars delivered to them. I am not sure if they are also setup for service.

Thanks for all the constructive thoughts and input. I decided to pass. I don’t have time to deal with it if it turns out to be a reliability issue or parts availability problem. And the guy must think it is made of gold based on what he thinks it’s worth. 

AND would they even transfer the warranty to you?

That’s a tough choice. 
I have #62 and although I swear by this car, I’ve had and have a few small issues they I’d rather the dealer take care of. 
with so many updates happening, you’d need resources to get it updated. 
I mean, it’s an amazing car and I stand by it, but I also live where I can have it worked on. 

Great car but there are bugs to get worked out. 
Hopefully not... 

Thanks for all the constructive thoughts and input. I decided to pass. I don’t have time to deal with it if it turns out to be a reliability issue or parts availability problem. And the guy must think it is made of gold based on what he thinks it’s worth. 
GREAT decision IMO.  

Good call.   Until they get a dealer network set up it is not worth it.  Especially if you are not close to Havasu.   

Back