Wonder what happened......

onanysunday

Reaction score
This sign has been sitting in front of the firehouse at Mormon lake all summer. Looks like a bad day.

20210802_120126.jpg

fire houses will sometimes take a reck and do more damage to it to really make it look bad and put a scare into some people.after high school my buddy went volunteer in our town.he told me thay would take the jaws of life to a totaled car a lot of times and open it up to make it seem like it was really bad.look how flattened it is and the center is folded.im willing to bet it was crushed even more buy something.

if it wasn't what @Brian Machnach said, I wonder if maybe it landed flat on its roof.  I cant imagine they would do very well if they fell from a significant height straight onto the roof....

Bummer to see somebody's family fun end that way. Hopefully it was not not fatal.

By the looks of it either landed flat on the roof or as mentioned they crushed it a little more to make it look worse.  The front end has no damage and the back section appears to be intact.  What are the odds of someone landing flat on the roof without hitting the front first?

Is Mormon lake a super busy area?  

By the looks of it either landed flat on the roof or as mentioned they crushed it a little more to make it look worse.  The front end has no damage and the back section appears to be intact.  What are the odds of someone landing flat on the roof without hitting the front first?

Is Mormon lake a super busy area?  
It is in the middle of coconino county forest. 7,000 FT elevation. Lots of Old logging roads out in the woods. You normally don't see many accidents. Other than people usually being stupid and drinking. It does get busy up here on the holiday weekends but people spread way out into the woods.

We spend a lot of time up here during the summer. The house is on 3.5 acres and we love it. The fire station is just a short walk down the road from tall pines estates. We walk by it quite often doing walks out in the woods. I like to store my motorhome up here and get it away from the Phoenix heat. Taking a full week break right now up here away from the Corvette project. To be honest I still don't want to go back and work on it. Plenty of other projects up here though to keep busy. I guess I'm just not made to sit around and do nothing.

15 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Nice place!   Being in the cooler mountain weather is a huge win in the summer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible roll into tree? Looks like the one right behind it in the photo would work.

Wheels still on it.  Seem like that kinda impact they would've ripped off?  Minus a tree falling on it. 

By the looks of it, the rear tires were still spinning/digging when it stopped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back