Windows 10 "End Of Life" = Forced Upgrades

JDMeister

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
No Need To Go On A Rant Here, But Microsoft is forcing You To Buy a New(er) Computer Soon.

The Two Requirement Forced On Consumers Are: 1) Must Have Microsoft Account. (To Deliver Ads)

and 2) Must Have A "Trusted Platform Module Chip" (TPM)

The "Official" End Of Life For Windows 10 Is October 14 2025.

Additionally, If You Have Not Updated Your System to Version 22H2, security updates stopped on July 13 2023. See Chart Below.

image.png

Last edited:
There Are A couple Of "Hacks" To Allow Windows 11 To Install On a Non Complaint System.

However, Microsoft Is Attempting To Suppress These Hacks. (I'm Testing 2 Different Ones  Now)

One Solution Is Buy A Mac. (Boo) Solution two is Upgrade to Linux Mint. Linux Mint

Linux, (Any Version) Is Free And Solid, Looks and Operates Almost the Same As Windows.

If You Have A "Windows Program" The Will Not Be Available On Linux, Linux Will Run The Windows Program.

Many Years Ago, Some Said, "Hey, No Way, Too Difficult". Today, It's Simple, And Linux Will Install On Anything.

Here's A List Of Devices Running Linux.

Android Phones. (Not iPhone)

Google Chromebooks

95% Of Internet Servers World Wide (That's A Lot Of Linux)

Your WiFi Router

Your Flat Screen TV

Your DVR

Your TV Supplier Connection Box

Your DVD/BluRay Player

Your Security Cameras.

Your I. O. T. Devices.

And Many More. A Smart Guy/Gal Will Try It Out Before Being Forced To Pay For Something You Don't Really Own.

That's Right, If They Control You That Completely, You Are The Product.

eol10.png

they are fixin to update all of the computers @ work.  150 or so machines.  I cant wait..................

22H2 is EOL 10/14/2025 at least...  I assume a "23H4" or whatever should come out to limp it along further for us federal customers who don't need half this chit.

22H2 is EOL 10/14/2025 at least...  I assume a "23H4" or whatever should come out to limp it along further for us federal customers who don't need half this chit.
What They Are Doing, Is Dropping Support For The "Updates" As They Age. Look At The Above chart For Dates.

So I Assume They Will Continue To "Age Out" Updates To "Encourage" Buying New.

What They Are Doing, Is Dropping Support For The "Updates" As They Age. Look At The Above chart For Dates.

So I Assume They Will Continue To "Age Out" Updates To "Encourage" Buying New.
Sorta.  Seems with Win 10 they've been doing major releases and then only supporting that rather than the OS as a whole.  Windows 11 works fine, but it's not exactly loved by non-office type users.  Guess we'll see.

Back