Wind 25-45M

MisterScamp

Reaction score
I was planning on my first trip to Glamis next week with the family.  It’s a 14 hour drive for us.  Now I’m looking and seeing three of our five days will have stead 30 mph wind with gusts  to 45.  I’m thinking my 11 yo and wife will hate this.  Any thoughts on how bad the wind is out there and how unpleasant it might be?

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Monday afternoon thru Wednesday (as far as I can see right now on my app) will be gusting, while another storm system comes thru.  Wednesday shows a high of 59 degrees and  gusts up to 35mph.  Your call, 14 hours is a long drive.

windfinder.com

Looks pretty good now thru Sunday. Monday looks windy. Perfect for us. It's a 12 hr drive for us. We're now 2 hrs away. Leaving for home Monday morning

Last edited by a moderator:
We won’t arrive until Sunday. Mon-wed we’re going to be our main riding days and look pretty windy. 

We’ve also never been to Dumont and the wind there looks fine.  Any opinions on Dumont Dunes?

Can't wait to go next week!!!!!

Craziness will be over and some wind to clean up the torn up dunes!!!!!!

Shooting to burn 100 gallons of gas!!!!!

Can't wait to go next week!!!!!

Craziness will be over and some wind to clean up the torn up dunes!!!!!!

Shooting to burn 100 gallons of gas!!!!!
See you Wednesday night! Can’t wait to burn up some VP110 with you guys!

I'll be out tomorrow.   I hate Holidays but the stars aligned and this weekend just works best.

Gonna try flares out of the old 12ga!

Stay home. Potentially, you will see some epic riding on sand so smooth, most people will only rarely experience it. The wind is absolutely miserable though so if it is blowing as much as forecasted, no one is going to be happy. It's not a good weekend for your first trip out. Were you tempted to go out for a ride in the wind, you could easily drive right off a dune into a 50 foot drop off because the sand is getting blown off the top of a dune sideways. The dune looks like it continues on till you fall through. I actually enjoy riding in the super windy conditions but I've been going out for 20 years and completely change my riding style from normal to more of a tourist. In no hurry, looking at this, that, and the other, etc. 

Stay home. Potentially, you will see some epic riding on sand so smooth, most people will only rarely experience it. The wind is absolutely miserable though so if it is blowing as much as forecasted, no one is going to be happy. It's not a good weekend for your first trip out. Were you tempted to go out for a ride in the wind, you could easily drive right off a dune into a 50 foot drop off because the sand is getting blown off the top of a dune sideways. The dune looks like it continues on till you fall through. I actually enjoy riding in the super windy conditions but I've been going out for 20 years and completely change my riding style from normal to more of a tourist. In no hurry, looking at this, that, and the other, etc. 
And there is still the camping with friends!

Back