Wiengard satellite

Tyman

Reaction score
Hello my new trailer has a weingard auto satellite antenna.  I have direct tv at my house.   I have no idea how to proceed to get a box hooked up for the trailer.   Is it as easy as just hooking it up and turning on the switch.  There is a switch in the bedroom that I surmise may be the antenna.   I switched it on and heard something moving above me??  Id be willing to pay for some help or I can take it to someplace to get it up and running. I’m in El Cajon.  Thanks.  Ty.  

depends on your satellite box you are using.  Yes you can just hook it up but I would bet that you have to setup the receiver to the dome.   In the setup you want 18" round dish,   switch type is Multi switch , hit the signal strength button on the right side.  turn on switch until you see numbers.  once you see number you may hit the continue button.  I have guys going out to glamis often. for sure can get someone out there around T-day.   also can come by the shop in Quartzsite. 

Paul

I should be out there.   I have looked around and wonder if this dish was new with trailer in 2009 will it still work?

0A62121E-FB62-4309-9D56-71181290AAF9.jpeg

I just ordered a receiver for my rv last month. Had to call winegard direct and order it with my account number (also directv). The previous owners left all the equipment minus the receiver so mine was as easy as plug it in and turn it on. We have the winegard Travel’r satellite dish, the one that lays down flat when stowed for driving.

I should be out there.   I have looked around and wonder if this dish was new with trailer in 2009 will it still work?

View attachment 47631
that doesn't look like a winegard dome on top are you sure you have a winegard? do you know what the inside controller looks like? They put a lot of king domes on those models. 

Just make sure you don't have the whole house Direct TV, you need to have the older set up that isn't wireless base.  I switch my entire house up to the wireless, guess what nobody told me the old box would not work, spent 4 hours with Direct TV before someone knew what they were talking about.  After 2 years, still no satellite TV in the MoHo, too cheap to open another account  :classic_angry:

Just make sure you don't have the whole house Direct TV, you need to have the older set up that isn't wireless base.  I switch my entire house up to the wireless, guess what nobody told me the old box would not work, spent 4 hours with Direct TV before someone knew what they were talking about.  After 2 years, still no satellite TV in the MoHo, too cheap to open another account  :classic_angry:
just order a h24 from winegard and add to your account. should be super easy  $100

just order a h24 from winegard and add to your account. should be super easy  $100
I was told I had to open up an entire new account, since switching to whole house set up...............if I can just add to existing account, this is easy

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told I had to open up an entire new account, since switching to whole house set up...............if I can just add to existing account, this is easy
ok let me ask one other question.  do you now have a Genie 2?  little tower in the corner then other boxes in the rooms.  Genie 1 you can add a receiver Genie 2 your screwed. Time to switch over to dish. save yourself  a bunch of money every month. 

ok let me ask one other question.  do you now have a Genie 2?  little tower in the corner then other boxes in the rooms.  Genie 1 you can add a receiver Genie 2 your screwed. Time to switch over to dish. save yourself  a bunch of money every month. 
yep Genie 2, made a bad decision when I moved into my new home three years ago.

Back