Which would be a better sell?

Stinky

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a temp-truck for our New Years trip.  My Suburban is sitting and I doubt that I can get to it by then.  My RV needs an axle, and an ATV doesn't run and the wife wants 10 dif things done around here.  Then there is elk season.  My nephew (in Long Beach) claims that there is a shortage of 4x4 PUs and SUVs in the LA and/or SoCal area and that I could sell it for a few bucks more out there.  He bought one here (Western-CO) and is selling it now.

So, I am looking at 90's Chevy/GMC vehicles to buy and then sell.  They will be cost $1k-$2K and have less that 200K on them.  That fits the description of what I am looking at.  

So, what would sell best in the SoCal area PU, Suburban, Tahoe or?

So, far, I think that I am looking at 4x4 1/2 ton extra cabs.  I prefer short-beds, but there doesn't seem to be that many out there.  Should I get new as possible?  I am actually looking at TBI 350s, vs Vortec stuiff (that means older than 97 or 98), but w/the same amount of miles.

Wat U tink?   (What do you think)

What your talking about is a cash truck for a construction worker or a landscaper. .  With the way gas prices are going right now I would say that a lot of those higher mileage older trucks will be getting sold off, lowering the cost of them. 

The ability to get what you are bringing into the state to get thru the smog check will also be a possible hurdle that could cost you more than the truck is worth. Things like air filters and exhaust systems or a replaced Cat would sink your idea of any kind of profit in a hurry

FB and Marketplace.  Those are on the rough side.

I saw a '89 LWB, single cab, Chevy 4x4 on a corner, on y bus route yesterday.  I went back....real clean looking, 169K for $3k.

What your talking about is a cash truck for a construction worker or a landscaper. .  With the way gas prices are going right now I would say that a lot of those higher mileage older trucks will be getting sold off, lowering the cost of them. 

The ability to get what you are bringing into the state to get thru the smog check will also be a possible hurdle that could cost you more than the truck is worth. Things like air filters and exhaust systems or a replaced Cat would sink your idea of any kind of profit in a hurry
Air filter and exhaust are fine. 

Intake or cat or anything in between has to have a CARB EO #. It sucks. 

Back