Where to post a sand rail for sale?

Dune Doc

Reaction score
We used to see lots of sand cars for sale on this site, but now, very few. Where is everyone posting their cars for sale? Thinking about selling my Funco Gen 4 Hustler 4 with an LS6 and 2d. 
I’ve looked at str8up and race desert, but it seems like there are not many cars for sale on those sites either. Maybe everyone loves their sand cars as much as I love mine and they are keeping them? I don’t know, but just in case I decide to sell, where is the best place to post it?695028CA-11C8-4BCB-AC7C-EE37FADC0F70.png

Interesting photo. How old is that. The hustler in the photo next to yours is my old car. Originally owned by Sandy Priasam

Interesting photo. How old is that. The hustler in the photo next to yours is my old car. Originally owned by Sandy Priasam
I’m not sure of the date of that photo, but Sandy used to run the dunes with us. He also owned the blue, white and orange 2 seat Funco G52 that you owned. You both have great taste in cars!

I’m not sure of the date of that photo, but Sandy used to run the dunes with us. He also owned the blue, white and orange 2 seat Funco G52 that you owned. You both have great taste in cars!
Funny how I ended up with both his cars. 

We talked a bit after I bought the G52. 

Tell us about your hustler. 

Funny how I ended up with both his cars. 

We talked a bit after I bought the G52. 

Tell us about your hustler. 
Funco Gen 4 Hustler 4 with a Turnkey LS6 and a Mendeola 2d built by AZ Transaxle. 
I’m the original owner. I’ll post up an official for sale ad, complete with pics, if I decide to part with it. 

This is a great car! Wish I could buy it. I offered him 20k for it. Good luck if you decide to sell.

For a Funco, just post it on on the one of the Facebook Funco pages, they seem to go very fast.  Just saw a Gen 4 with your set up go in the upper $50k's................crazy  Friends of friends are searching out Funco's right now.

Sold my rail last March on this site.

Living in Colorado there aren't many buyers for sand rails here.

Had a trip to Glamis planned so I posted the dates and offered it at a good price.  Had a few people Interested and made arrangements to meet the 1st guy who was interested with the others as back ups. Got to cruise it for a few days before  I met the perspective buyer, which was great. 

1st guy bought her. Still a little bummed about letting her go.

For a Funco, just post it on on the one of the Facebook Funco pages, they seem to go very fast.  Just saw a Gen 4 with your set up go in the upper $50k's................crazy  Friends of friends are searching out Funco's right now.
Is there a specific Funco Facebook page that the majority of people go to? I came across several different ones.

Funco Owners Group is the best.  Seems everyone that has a Funco has friends looking for one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Market for Funcos is always strong.  Just post it here at a fair price and it will sell in less than a week . . .

Back