Where to get wraps?

JBL

Reaction score
Sons would like me to wrap the car. Where can you guys recommend and how does it work?  I prefer NOT to take the car to a shop but if possible just give them dimensions.

Thanks for your help.

rail wrap.jpg

not take the car to a shop?  Are you planning on wrapping it yourself?

Id highly suggest just taking it to a shop, not only are they professionals and your install will be way cleaner.

Creartive wraps in san bernardino wrapped my boat a couple months ago.  They did the whole thing in 1 day.  I paid half up front to lock in my appt and start the design process.  They sent me renderings and i made changes and they revised the renderings until i was happy.  Dropped off the boat on the day of appt to get the wrap done and paid the balance.  Picked up the boat the next morning finished. 

you could just take the panels off and drop em off at a shop vs taking whole car.

Reactions: JBL

Id highly suggest just taking it to a shop, not only are they professionals and your install will be way cleaner.

Creartive wraps in san bernardino wrapped my boat a couple months ago.  They did the whole thing in 1 day.  I paid half up front to lock in my appt and start the design process.  They sent me renderings and i made changes and they revised the renderings until i was happy.  Dropped off the boat on the day of appt to get the wrap done and paid the balance.  Picked up the boat the next morning finished. 
Any pics?

Post some pics, before and after.  How is it holding up, do you run in salt water or just fresh ?  I have been thinking about doing it, Thanks

Call this guy. his work looks good.

258851208_240558494811381_1817182457794085716_n.jpg

Here's some pics of my boat for those that asked above- 

i got it done in June ( 6 months ago) and i use it in both salt and fresh water.  Its held up great so far, no issues peeling or anything like that.  Just have to be slightly more careful around docks and loading/unloading off trailer.  I use chemical guys wrap detailer to clean the wrap. 

My main reasoning for the wrap was not only did i want an updated look, I had some gelcoat issues i had repaired and they couldn't guarantee that the teal gelcoat repair would match.  Overall I'm happy with it and the cost wasn't that significant.  The cool thing about a wrap is if i get tired of it after a few years I can get a new design and keep an updated look. The boat is a 1990.

20210512_163518.jpg

20210617_153857.jpg

20210617_153910.jpg

i got it done in June ( 6 months ago) and i use it in both salt and fresh water.  Its held up great so far, no issues peeling or anything like that.  Just have to be slightly more careful around docks and loading/unloading off trailer.  I use chemical guys wrap detailer to clean the wrap. 

My main reasoning for the wrap was not only did i want an updated look, I had some gelcoat issues i had repaired and they couldn't guarantee that the teal gelcoat repair would match.  Overall I'm happy with it and the cost wasn't that significant.  The cool thing about a wrap is if i get tired of it after a few years I can get a new design and keep an updated look. The boat is a 1990.

View attachment 21562

View attachment 21563

View attachment 21564
That makes the boat look 20 years newer !  Turned out awesome ! Thanks for posting

That makes the boat look 20 years newer !  Turned out awesome ! Thanks for posting
Anytime thanks man! i forgot to mention one reason i went with the company i did is that they offered a 2 year warranty instead of the standard 1 year most wrap shops offer.  Obviously if i mess it up thats on me but it covers their material and install etc. so far its held up great and the cost wasn't that bad at all.  i paid 2500 for it all said and done. 

Just re-wrapped mine this year and it's not as easy as you might think unless you go with a solid color.  If you're trying to match up lines on the car across different panels it's tricky and it takes a lot to make them right.  Most on road cars have templates the designers can use to create graphics, with sandcars you're on your own for measurements. I created my files at half size to help with files size.  The wing/storage was the hardest but getting all the other panels to flow with it from front to back takes work.  I mocked up the files in Photoshop to get a visual how it would all look and tweaked things based on those renders.  Once I submitted the files for print, I went through three different proofs and printout samples before I had them hit the print button.  I used Fastsigns in Chander to print the graphics and my son and I installed - he used to work there and had the experience.  I can tell you, unless it's a solid color, I would suggest having someone with experience do it or help you.  There are tricks using heat/torch to set it, etc.  It made a huge difference in my car and was worth it, but it wasn't without some stress and anxiety hoping it all came together.

Reactions: JBL
Thanks guys for references and makes sense to just take panels off and drop them at shop.  I will start local and work my way out for pricing and warranty

In the PHX area, our company uses Blue Media.  Our wraps have pretty intricate stuff with a bunch of text and graphics on non-standard stuff.  They always come out great.

View attachment 21562

View attachment 21563

View attachment 21564
Cool boat what the price range for a boat this style 

Cool boat what the price range for a boat this style 
thanks man, i got it handed down to me from my uncle who let it sit unused for about 5 years and he lost interest.  He sold it to me for a price i couldnt pass up.  It needed a ton of work but ive been slowly going through it season by season.  ive seen a few original american skiers for around 6-8k and then i have probably another 6-7k into it with the tower, wrap, other work etc. 

Back