Where Do You Buy Your Oil For Trucks And MOHO's ??

Dockmaster

Reaction score
Curious where people find good deals on oil when doing oil changes? I'm almost due on my truck and MOHO and I like to do the oil change myself. Both are diesel and for the two of them I need 25 qts or 6.25 gallons. It can get cold up here in Oregon and my cabin gets well below freezing in the winter so I run 5w-40 and prefer full synthetic. Last time I ordered gallon jugs from Amazon and I see they are currently around $23/gallon for Rotella. Local parts stores are like $10 more per gallon. Curious where others are buying theirs? I'm not partial to any one brand so any name brand is OK with me. 

Costco and I use the synthetic Delo. Walmart has oil pretty inexpensive also.

I'd imagine you have a West Marine Port supply account. 

Give them a call. 

Anywhere oil is bought by the truck or train load you will get a good deal. 

Like mentioned. 

Costco 

Walmart 

West Marine wholesale.

Direct from a large distributor.

I looked at Costco yesterday but they did not have 5w-40. They did have 15w-40 but only conventional, no synthetic. 

I didn't think to check West Marine. They are usually so expensive on everything but I'll check. 

I got Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W40 full synthetic for 21.99/gal at NAPA. Plus, there is a 10.00/gal Mobil rebate on up to 4 gallons. Other size containers also have rebates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we have Tractor Supply. Napa is around too. Thanks all, good info!

Walmart i run t5 rotella in my powerstrokes.  Its been REALLY hard to find lately. I get filters for both there too as well as oil and filters (mobil 1 for my moho/jeep)

Rotella T6      Motorhome,7.3 super duty,Jeep Cherokee and fleet of yanmar boat engines. All Diesels

Mostly Walmart 

Conventional Chevron Delo 15w40 from Costco here. Between the Dmax in my truck and the Cummins and Kubota (genny) in my moho, I’m buying 11 gallons of oil. Ouch.

Back