Wheelbase and sliding

JM PRO

Reaction score
I am looking at a car and it has a 132" wheelbase. I love sliding and need the car to slide. Has anyone had experience with a car this length and having a good sliding characteristic? 

Thanks 

What's the wheelbase of SCU lil or mid bro's? What is the wheelbase for the new Funco's?

Dunsport tires will help get you Slideways, or a funco and be slidin & glidin allways

My  Sand Limo Cruiser was 132'' wb. Trick to sliding it was keeping the rears at 16-18lb (20-22 if the sand was wet) 

It had a twin turbo LS1 and an S4

It was also wide! 102 or 103'' 

If you love sliding I would buy a shorter car. I had an older Sand limo in the early 2000s and my shoulder would ache from trying to get it to slide. Of course it did not have a lot of power. V6 No turbo. 188 rwhp IIRC. 

I think that longer cars slide better, or at least that is my experience, my 2 seat cars was more "twitchy" and unpredictable to slide, my 4 seat cars slides much better, and far more predictable. But, I think there are far too many variables to say one is definitely better then the other. Slide is also effected by weight, weight balance, power, how the power comes on, suspension design and alignment, tire size and style, and tire psi. 

I can slide my AlumiCraft Dual Sport around pretty well. I think it is close to that in WB. The sway bar certainly helps. HP and tires come into play as well. It slides better with 36# 2's than with the 35.5 #2's

6-8psi up front, keep adding air in the rear tires until it slides how you want. Sway bar helps too. 

Don’t forget to give a big car time to take a set. If you just saw away, nothing’s gonna happen

I am looking at a car and it has a 132" wheelbase. I love sliding and need the car to slide. Has anyone had experience with a car this length and having a good sliding characteristic? 

Thanks 
scat tracks, its like being on ice, can never let off the gas, flatter the tire more it slides,  When you have a slow car it pretty fun to slide,  add some stroker or boost, and not so much over 100 mph, mine drives like a slot car, not a teenager out of there mind,  any car will drive out of control with the right tire, 

17psi in the rear.

Sway bar.

138" wheel base.

I can slide like I am on rails.

18-22 PSI in the Rear

8-9 PSI in the Fronts (as long as you have bead-locks) 

And she will slide.... :dude:

Just be sure to stay in the throttle when sliding! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Prowlers 2 seat mid eng 130" wheel base Dune sports on 17" rims slides for days. Almost never going straight 

I was able to slide my DD 4 seat with 33” Blasters easy. As mentioned previously 6-8 lbs in the front 18-22 rear. Come into a turn in the throttle planting the car, turn steering wheel in the direction of the turn, release throttle unloading rear suspension, car whips around, back in the throttle to plant and straighten out car. So much fun all without cutting brakes. 

I was able to slide my DD 4 seat with 33” Blasters easy. As mentioned previously 6-8 lbs in the front 18-22 rear. Come into a turn in the throttle planting the car, turn steering wheel in the direction of the turn, release throttle unloading rear suspension, car whips around, back in the throttle to plant and straighten out car. So much fun all without cutting brakes. 
Best part is being able to actually use the throttle going uphill.

Back