Wheel repair

Mjmtrsprt

Reaction score
Anyone know of a wheel repair place in socal? IE preferably.

I bought a set of paddles and wheels off a member here last year and turns out 1 wheel is bent (he forgot to mention to me when he sold them to me that he rolled his car the last time he used them). He initially said he would help get it repaired but has since ghosted me. 
   Anyways im hoping it is repairable so i can make my 1 dune trip a year i do. it is the center star that is bent. Any info is appreciated.  

8C13A052-5249-431E-8579-28F5C904FD60.jpeg

24D41A51-1C21-4709-B412-974227A770AA.jpeg

Thanks for the replies hopefully one of them can get it handled for me. 

Update. Contacted Omf and he looked at the pics and determined the wheels were Cms and to contact them to see if they could repair. Contacted Cms and he said to bring it down and he can fix it 1 of 2 ways, cut out center and weld in new billet center or what he ended up doing, press the center back as close as possible and then chuck it up in a lathe and remove some material from the back to true it up. I told him to give that a try and if it works great if not we can cut the center out. Got it all back together and tested it with tire jacked up and running in first gear and it spins just about perfectly straight.
He ended up taking off about .060” so i am having a buddy cut me out .060” wheel spacer to bring it back out to and should be good to go. 49BFC455-2CC0-4BAF-B62D-81C7A7C87861.jpeg

That’s cool. I would not waste time making a spacer. Lot of work to accomplish what?  1/16”. You would never ever notice

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s cool. I would not waste time making a spacer. Lot of work to accomplish what?  1/16”. You would never ever notice
Only reason i am doing that is the paddle will just barely rub a bypass tube. I actually now decided to go with a .188 thick spacer on the repaired wheel and a .120 thick on the other side and it should hopefully clear the bypass tube, i checked and have plenty of wheel stud length for that. 

Thanks for posting the following up. Good to know there are manufacturers out there will to make repairs on their own stuff. Most just want to sell a new one... cough cough, Howe...

Glad you had good luck with CMS.

I won't deal with them again.

Messed up my new wheels.......  twice.

Ended up taking to Danny Foddrill and he took care of it.

Back