What would you pay to weigh your sand car?

Reaction score
As the title says, what would you pay to weigh your sand car? Looking at a set of Longacre racing scales but wanting to judge if I can recoup some money from the purchase. Thinking either mobile in the phx area and also on gecko when I’m in Glamis etc

Maybe you want to know for suspension tuning, maybe for camp fire talk? 🤷🏼‍♀️ is 100 bucks a fair amount? Plus a travel fee to come to you if not in Glamis? 🤔

I’ve weighed mine before I know what it weighs and corner weights at the time. I wouldn’t pay more than 20 bucks if scales are already set up and plugged in like at glamis.

Now in case like lrs said 60 bucks I would if I needed too but he will most likely need to set up and probably move a couple cars around. 😱🤣 as well. 

Well, pulled the trigger! Here’s what my car weighs, s&s v series 4 seater with an s4s and stroked ls3 on desert tires in the rear… no wonder it’s so wheelie happy, 75% of the weights in the rear with no one in the car 🤣

IMG_7839.jpeg

Reactions: FOG
Well, pulled the trigger! Here’s what my car weighs, s&s v series 4 seater with an s4s and stroked ls3 on desert tires in the rear… no wonder it’s so wheelie happy, 75% of the weights in the rear with no one in the car 🤣

View attachment 71625
I have the same scales, work great. My dunebuggy.com Sidewinder, fueled, full ice chest, was 3528lbs.

20201124_110026.jpg

20201124_110242.jpg

That’s why that big girl rides so great in the rough stuff! 
Yes it does! Hard to explain to someone until they ride in a car like mine. I say it's like sitting on a couch going through the dunes. Doesn't slide like a Funco but I'll catch up in the rough.

Yes it does! Hard to explain to someone until they ride in a car like mine. I say it's like sitting on a couch going through the dunes. Doesn't slide like a Funco but I'll catch up in the rough.
Rough?  Dunes have been smooth as butter last couple of seasons....  :sarcasm:

Your car Effin moves lol granted I was in our rzr but still lol

Back