What tube size for paddle tire?

lincster

Reaction score
Buddy needs to limp along a dead paddle for a couple of trips.

Sta Flo isn't working, we tried that last trip 2X.

What size tube is needed?

33X17" Blaster.

Or, anyone have a tire they want to sell?

We will be on Gecko Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are talking about a big tube.  You might be able to find a tube on the net.  A tractor tube might work for you.

One thing that you need to watch out for is where the valve stem is designed to go...sometimes they come out the side, near the bead area (2-3") and sometimes they come out in the center of the rim.  

The width matters too.

I have not seen them for 17's.  the only ones Ive seen are the Mickey Thompson ones for 15" wheels.  I did a quick search & it does not appear that they make them for 17's. 

Ahhhh, good point Bobalos.

Didn't think of that.  

Years ago a buddy did a tube but it was for a 15" paddle.

My GUESS is, that the ID doesn't matter that much.  Tis the OD and width....and put talcum powder, about half bottle, in w/the tub....tis a dry lube.

AND, the wider you go, the valve stem alignment becomes a big factor.

I tried a tube one time, it lasted about 20 turns and popped.  Make sure the valve stem lines up correctly

Buy 1 tire....that could be a $100 tube.

Tubes also use a different size hole in the wheel for the valve stem, which means you might have to drill out the existing one...  Hard to make that hole smaller afterwards... :biggrin:

I would bet someone has some older 33 17’s sitting in their garage that they would love to get rid of. I would just post a want to buy add. A ton of people have swapped to the 36’s. 

Tubes also use a different size hole in the wheel for the valve stem, which means you might have to drill out the existing one...  Hard to make that hole smaller afterwards... :biggrin:
Ya you'd have to weld it up and drill a new one

I run the Mickey Thompson tubes in mine for the same reason. Haven't had an issue with them this whole season. 

I run the Mickey Thompson tubes in mine for the same reason. Haven't had an issue with them this whole season. 
I ran them in my 15" wheels for years - not sure about 17"  like @Bobalos said the racing slick tubes are all 15 as far as I know.  I had a tire go dead  (big hole) at G 10 years ago and got a tube at the tractor supply in Brawley that got us through a couple trips - might give dims to truck tire supplier and see what they have to offer, but as said its gonna be $100 or more  and will not last if they don't fit right (sand gets between tire and tube and wears it out)  with a High HP car ... used tire is a better bet

I ran them in my 15" wheels for years - not sure about 17"  like @Bobalos said the racing slick tubes are all 15 as far as I know.  I had a tire go dead  (big hole) at G 10 years ago and got a tube at the tractor supply in Brawley that got us through a couple trips - might give dims to truck tire supplier and see what they have to offer, but as said its gonna be $100 or more  and will not last if they don't fit right (sand gets between tire and tube and wears it out)  with a High HP car ... used tire is a better bet
Should have clarified... I have 15" wheels. The tube is for a 15"-16" wheel size. Not sure if you can make it fit the 17". I run the Mickey Thompson Drag Tubes.

Back