What topic next ?

J Alper

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
I get so busy, that over time i just dont post, 

I see a lot of non related Sand issues,  

I am trying to do my part, 

I am going to try to post more on what we are doing,  

What does everyone want to see next,  Wife will not let me post pics of her. So i have to keep it to   ( Motor Builds, Cool Tools, Machinery, Fabrication or? )  Let me know and will try to start more topics,  

Check out the last Post on Drysump,  Started this because i was in spired by the topic from @Sean@Weddle on the transaxle post,   Got a passion for the sand, Start a post on it,  Camp life, trips extra,  

Sometime this site is the only way to get away from the craziness in the world,   

How about some perspective of the new tech in LS heads? 

How to keep Transmissions alive for long term?

Shocks.......  the simplest hardest thing to learn and adjust to get the car to do what you want it to do.

Steering geometry?  more Voo-Doo Black Magic....

This is counter productive to my long term career, I'd rather not share these secrets. (HaHa (sarcasm))

Simple answer: Buy more transmission than you need when you build your car or new motor. Why spend $$$$$ on a big motor when you don't have enough gearbox to get it to the ground? You are building a toy that has lots of power, you should build the toy to be able to use all of that power without breaking drivetrain and frustrating yourself every couple of trips.

I get so busy, that over time i just dont post, 

I see a lot of non related Sand issues,  

I am trying to do my part, 

I am going to try to post more on what we are doing,  

What does everyone want to see next,  Wife will not let me post pics of her. So i have to keep it to   ( Motor Builds, Cool Tools, Machinery, Fabrication or? )  Let me know and will try to start more topics,  

Check out the last Post on Drysump,  Started this because i was in spired by the topic from @Sean@Weddle on the transaxle post,   Got a passion for the sand, Start a post on it,  Camp life, trips extra,  

Sometime this site is the only way to get away from the craziness in the world,   
To bad so many old build threads are gone. Still boggles my mind sometime. I did the one about converting my trailing arms to 934s and micro stubs. Quite the project and I really appreciated your help on that. There were a lot of old threads where you had helped people out.  :hethan:

Shocks.......  the simplest hardest thing to learn and adjust to get the car to do what you want it to do.

Next week i will add a bunch of pictures on the different heads we have used, and spring tech with our new CNC spring tester,  

Those could each be their own thread.

Would be cool to have more fuel and spark related topics in regards to forced induction. Such as calculating fuel injector sizing, matching correct pump with fuel lines, choosing spark plugs, etc. 

Think the Trans @Sean@Weddle is perfect for that

I dont know much about the shocks and think steering geo @L.R.S. might touch on 

I will post on the motor and some of the cool tools we use for motors and fab,  

Trying to keep things alive, on Glamis topics,   I have talk to over 20 use to be members that are not coming back they felt there are not enough posts about the dunes and moved on to IG or FB,  

So hope it helps, and hope more will join in,   

Dont really want to make these topics an argument a debate, just want to have more entertainment and maybe help someone out,   

@Crusty

Would be cool to have more fuel and spark related topics in regards to forced induction. Such as calculating fuel injector sizing, matching correct pump with fuel lines, choosing spark plugs, etc. 
@Fullthrottleguy  

I'm all for MORE Dune related Tech, Build and Entertainment type threads...about Glamis, stuff we use in Glamis, shit that happens on the way to or from Glamis...etc.

Go for it. You have Slappy' s support, the staff...even me.

:crusty:

Think the Trans @Sean@Weddle is perfect for that

I dont know much about the shocks and think steering geo @L.R.S. might touch on 

I will post on the motor and some of the cool tools we use for motors and fab,  

Trying to keep things alive, on Glamis topics,   I have talk to over 20 use to be members that are not coming back they felt there are not enough posts about the dunes and moved on to IG or FB,  

So hope it helps, and hope more will join in,   

Dont really want to make these topics an argument a debate, just want to have more entertainment and maybe help someone out,   

@Crusty

@Fullthrottleguy  
I think its a good idea - we lost so much technical content in the "big crash"  - time to "build it back better"   -  in this case that might actually be true

Next week i will add a bunch of pictures on the different heads we have used, and spring tech with our new CNC spring tester,  
I would love to see the cheapest way to get my LS1 to 500hp. With your knowledge, I'm sure you can muster up a DIY for me lol 😁

Here's what I've heard so far... 

243 Heads, truck intake, FAST throttle body, nice cam? How much is all that like $200 😆

If people are getting their info from Facebook, this is really bad news for our sport...............haha.  Those post have so much bad info it is scary.

I love the build threads, even if it isn't Glamis related, boats and backyards don't suck.  There used to be a thread on just what people loved to eat camping, might be time to start that back up............of course with pics.

I would love to see the cheapest way to get my LS1 to 500hp. With your knowledge, I'm sure you can muster up a DIY for me lol 😁

Here's what I've heard so far... 

243 Heads, truck intake, FAST throttle body, nice cam? How much is all that like $200 😆
There are so many HP combo's  really to keep the sand car site going,  if you started a topic for this  LS1 Factory/Bore/Stroke, it would be a great way for myself and other to respond,  

For example i have made 585-hp 490-TG with factory short block no mods LS1, 

Start a topic and i can share my factory short block combos,  

Back