What Paddles for piped yfz 450r, suggestions?

Darkjuju

Reaction score
Upgraded my sons yfz this summer, vortex and a dasa pipe, he has been running his old gliders for the last 2 seasons as I was afraid of getting him to much traction as he moved up from his raptor 250. I would stick with skats unless someone has a setup that works well on sand sharks or some other V paddle. We are duners, like long rides with as little traffic as possible, but the boy does like to race, of course who doesn't like going fast 🙂 

Upgraded my sons yfz this summer, vortex and a dasa pipe, he has been running his old gliders for the last 2 seasons as I was afraid of getting him to much traction as he moved up from his raptor 250. I would stick with skats unless someone has a setup that works well on sand sharks or some other V paddle. We are duners, like long rides with as little traffic as possible, but the boy does like to race, of course who doesn't like going fast 🙂 
Remember Me :lol:  

Still have the best set up for that bike.

I just need the rear tires if your will to sell me just those 🙂 I will be in chandler Tuesday dropping the car off at Weller, let me know.

BTW the quad has been spectacular, I have taken it for a trip or 2. 

7 or 8 paddle haulers or extremes. The gliders just don’t have enough lip for the bigger bikes. I run 6 paddle haulers on my 250r but will be going to 6 or 7 paddle extremes whenever they’re in stock. 

Andrew

I ran 8 paddle  haulers on my YFZ it had air filter update with a modified air box  full exhaust and cam timing change and they worked great. Adult grandson has the bike now and he still runs haulers 

Thanks for the suggestion just got 22x11x8 7 paddle haulers look forward to hitting the sand and it’s nice to have a spare set for the cinders with the old gliders.

sorry MWB we are just used to a skat kinda ride, hope you sell yours soon.

The ideal setup for this would have been/is a 6 Hauler (not an Extreme) or a 9 Glider. An "Extreme" adds a paddle count to a "Hauler" so a 6 Extreme is equivalent to a 7 Hauler. 

Can't count how many people we've absolutely walked over a poor setup over the years. 

White TRX in the video has 6 Haulers, white YFZ on the left has 6 Haulers, camera bike has 8 Haulers.

We don't put 7s on anything until 70HP. The white/red TRX will half hill the white TRX in the video. 

s-l1600 (3).jpg

I really like STU Padla Brat, with STU razor front combo.  I had same combo on my Honda 450, and they work well together. 
BF3D6784-76F8-4E86-9CAD-6790EEE11722.jpeg

6CEC7E11-D738-4756-ABE3-86F37C158B8E.jpeg

Back