What is everyone using for Radios now?

Fullthrottleguy

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
My radio in my car is having an issue and I want to stay VHF as all the cars and even the SxS's in my group have VHF rather than the newer UHF radios  - but I hear the combos might be the way to go?

I liked my old ICON - but they stopped making it. 

Rugged has made a lot of changes and while I believe them ... I want some user reviews of what people like

as I said - I want easy channel changes  and good visibility and good power.  I am sick of programming my own stuff , too much other stuff to do   - I  just want it to work 

Thanks

IF you get a Icom from Ebay used I can program it for you Alex, i can do the F5021 ICOM IC-F5021, 128 CH, VHF 136-174MHz, 45 W, Mic, PROGRAMMING | eBay

I do it with 8 banks and around 100 channels, i add all the weather stations and all the Search and Rescue and sheriff non private band and some Ham radio emergency channels 

or any new used F5021 or F121, 

ICOM IC-F5021 Series VHF Mobile Radios (hitechwireless.com)

F5021 - Icom Mobile Two-Way Radio Analog VHF 50 Watts | Atlantic Radio Communications (atlanticradiocorp.com)

Icom F5021 VHF | F6021 UHF Mobile Radio | Unbeatable Prices (quality2wayradios.com)

I have been happy with the M1 radio from Rugged. It is water resistant.  

I have a couple of the kenwood to 7360hv on the shelf, ready to go. Unfortunately this radio was recently discontinued but they are solid radios

IF you get a Icom from Ebay used I can program it for you Alex, i can do the F5021 ICOM IC-F5021, 128 CH, VHF 136-174MHz, 45 W, Mic, PROGRAMMING | eBay

I do it with 8 banks and around 100 channels, i add all the weather stations and all the Search and Rescue and sheriff non private band and some Ham radio emergency channels 

or any new used F5021 or F121, 

ICOM IC-F5021 Series VHF Mobile Radios (hitechwireless.com)

F5021 - Icom Mobile Two-Way Radio Analog VHF 50 Watts | Atlantic Radio Communications (atlanticradiocorp.com)

Icom F5021 VHF | F6021 UHF Mobile Radio | Unbeatable Prices (quality2wayradios.com)
Thanks Jason I'll check them out

Back