What do you think of 12 gauge shorty shells?

Fireballsocal

Reaction score
My Dad just bought himself a shockwave. At 76, it's easier for him to manage than his full length Remington 12 gauge and he picked up some shorty rounds for it. Not only can he fit more of them in the shotgun but he's hoping recoil may be a little less. This is strictly a home defense weapon but he will take it out to the range to practice. What's the consensus on shorty shells?

50648_590_shockwave_spx_sidesaddle_btejrjpr6iwahig1.jpg

I've never used them, don't have any. I should get some because i think I can cram like 24 into my KSG 

If found some at walmart in Montana......haven't shot them yet.... wouldn't want to get hit by one. 

They are fun to mess around with. Quiet and no recoil, but don’t cycle well in my mossberg 500. Still had fun shooting clays with them, but wouldn’t rely on them for anything that matters. 

They are fun to mess around with. Quiet and no recoil, but don’t cycle well in my mossberg 500. Still had fun shooting clays with them, but wouldn’t rely on them for anything that matters. 
The minis can jam at times. Mossberg makes a dedicated 500s and 590s that can cycle both shorties and standard. This is one of several adapters designed to make the same changes to your already existing 500 or 590. https://defendertactical.com/products/universal-minishell-adapter 

I run them in my ksg, they are awesome. Cycle perfectly, and I can stuff a whole box of 20 in the gun at once. Actually I think it'll fit 22 it the tubes, plus 1 in the chamber. 

Back