What Battery Charger / Engine Starter Do You Like?

Dockmaster

Reaction score
My small Associated charger gave up the ghost. What do you like in the small hand carry type chargers/engine starters? I have a big wheeled version but like to have a smaller one too. Something in a 15 amp charge/50 amp engine start should be fine. Schumacher used to be good quality but not sure if they still are. Don't mind paying more for good quality that will last. 

This one has served me well.  Even accidently left it out in the rain a few times...

Specs online say it is 14 lb and that is about right.

That looks interesting. How long have you had it?
Roughly a year. My motorhome has an aftermarket fridge that draws a lot. So I have to run my small 2000 generator every day to charge up the four coach batteries. Finally bought a solar system which I need to get installed. That has a 15/40 amp setting that senses how low the battery is and charges. So I have used this charger quite a bit at the dunes every day for about half an hour each time to bring those batteries up. The charger actually cycles up and down between 15 and 40. Works really good.

Roughly a year. My motorhome has an aftermarket fridge that draws a lot. So I have to run my small 2000 generator every day to charge up the four coach batteries. Finally bought a solar system which I need to get installed. That has a 15/40 amp setting that senses how low the battery is and charges. So I have used this charger quite a bit at the dunes every day for about half an hour each time to bring those batteries up. The charger actually cycles up and down between 15 and 40. Works really good.
Thanks! Just ordered one

What do you like in the small hand carry type chargers/engine starters? 
An option to consider would be to separate the two. We have a bunch of chargers including the cheap Harbor Freight above. It works decent i like it. Biggest problem i find is that every time i need to jump start a vehicle its requires bringing out a bunch of extension cords to reach it. 

A portable lithium jump starter would be perfect. Keep it in your daily driver. Could take it with you on buggy rides. Then get a smaller 120v charger of some sort. Even if it has a "start" feature, you might grab your portable lithium jumper more often just because its so quick and easy. 

Back