What are you using for RV insurance now........ Farmers did a non renewal of mine

John@Outfront

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 2006 country coach Magna,  i have all my insurance through Farmers agent.

They just informed me that they will not renew my policy as the coach is "too old"  My agent tried multiple companies and they also said it was too old--even Good Sams.  he told me to try progressive.

What are you using?  are you finding the same thing out there??

I have a 2005 through AAA. No issues, Call Rob Sara, he is a member here on the board.

714-734-4476

Progressive raised the rates on me few years ago and a I switched to Good Sam's Club.  My coach is a 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have everything thing through State Farm

How old is old?  I have good Sam's.  Try using Roamly.  They have great rates.

Progressive.   Been pretty easy and was competitive.

Progressive raised the rates on me few years ago and a I switched to Good Sam's Club.  My coach is a 2014.
I had my motorhome for 5 years. The rate i was getting from progressive tripled in those 5 years (sold my class a in june). I’ve NEVER had any insurance claim in my life, last ticket (one and only)was almost 20 years ago. 

I had my motorhome for 5 years. The rate i was getting from progressive tripled in those 5 years (sold my class a in june). I’ve NEVER had any insurance claim in my life, last ticket (one and only)was almost 20 years ago. 
We were with them for 3 years and then they jacked up the rates.  Never had a claim with them.    Our agent said Progressive does strange stuff with rate increases.  

Our Moho is insured thru Safeco. It's a newer model though so not sure if the age issue comes into play with them or not.

Mines a 2006, ive had Safeco but may be switching later this month to Progressive (through USAA). Insurance companies are bailing on Ca. so selection there is getting slim. Same thing happened to workers comp about 12 years ago, when the insurance commissioner gets involved it creates a mess.

Different carriers have varying risk levels that they will insure. With the issues in California these days regarding insurance it’s inconsistent. AAA flat out refused to insure my 2024 rv, progressive had no problem. You can all thank the ca insurance commissioners for their service to this state

I have a 2006 country coach Magna,  i have all my insurance through Farmers agent.

They just informed me that they will not renew my policy as the coach is "too old"  My agent tried multiple companies and they also said it was too old--even Good Sams.  he told me to try progressive.

What are you using?  are you finding the same thing out there??
Farmers tried to play Hardball on rate adjustments 20 years ago, bam gone, then went to progressive 12 years ago and at the time they wanted to run a credit check every year, bam gone,  No issues with State Farm,  My first agent was amazing then he retired, second agent was horrible,   So I moved agent, still with state farm, but with a agent that owns and understands the sand dunes, 

Back