Well it finally happened

Azdunerat

Reaction score
After almost 5 years and 1800 miles it finally happened. 

I changed out the original belt…..as a precaution more than anything.  I was starting to notice the clutch was getting a bit sluggish in response and surging a little in the power band.  The new belt made a significant improvement in throttle response and piece of mind. 

IMG_5339.jpeg

IMG_5340.jpeg

IMG_5338.jpeg

Not possible.  The Speed guys all said your Can Am is a pile.  You should sell it. :biggrin:

Longer than it lasted my wife, mainly because I borrowed it after assploding my R&P in my buggy and mercilessly flogged it for hours...  A little over 1,000 miles on the first belt, all dune miles.

I'm in the same boat...1900 miles on the original belt, part of me wants to see how long I can make it last...but prob better to replace and keep original for spare.

Thats an accomplishment, mine were lasting 150-300mi on a stock machine, taking the covers out every time even with the Alba shield. Exclusively sand use though. 

I'm in the same boat...1900 miles on the original belt, part of me wants to see how long I can make it last...but prob better to replace and keep original for spare.
My friend got close to 3,000 miles out of his first belt.   Lasted 2 dune seasons.   

I try to change the belt out around 1500 miles.  

Last edited by a moderator:
had my rzr two glamis seasons, i just put a new belt in at the beginning of the season, the one i took of is the spare. have not broken one yet. see how next season goes. 

Thats an accomplishment, mine were lasting 150-300mi on a stock machine, taking the covers out every time even with the Alba shield. Exclusively sand use though. 
Something’s not right. None of the 3 Can Ams in camp last less than a season unless we had to tow someone, only stock one is ours, the other 2 have tunes. All sand

Keep the one you just took off for a back up spare or too give to someone that breaks and belt and doesnt have a spare.

Keep the one you just took off for a back up spare or too give to someone that breaks and belt and doesnt have a spare.
With that kind of mileage on it I would make it a trophy or toss it, while changing belts isn't that bad it is bad enough that doing it twice isn't fun. Plus sure enough you re-use that old belt for a day you know that it will break and take out the cover as well as wrap enough of what is left inside the clutch so you get to spend a half an hour pulling strings out of your clutch.

No thanks trash that bad boy

With that kind of mileage on it I would make it a trophy or toss it, while changing belts isn't that bad it is bad enough that doing it twice isn't fun. Plus sure enough you re-use that old belt for a day you know that it will break and take out the cover as well as wrap enough of what is left inside the clutch so you get to spend a half an hour pulling strings out of your clutch.

No thanks trash that bad boy
I understand but I have seen people out without any extra belt for whatever reason and If I give them a 200 dollar belt I will never see a Penny If I give a used one I dont care about and they make it back to camp the rest is on them. Infact after all the SXS's I have sold I give the new owner a Brand new belt them my friends get the others. I gave InExcess Two Brand new X3 belts after I sold my X3

I kept the old belt as a oh shyte belt. I am ordering a new belt to keep for the next 4 years. 

what is everyone using now? Evo….factory….or?

I understand but I have seen people out without any extra belt for whatever reason and If I give them a 200 dollar belt I will never see a Penny If I give a used one I dont care about and they make it back to camp the rest is on them. Infact after all the SXS's I have sold I give the new owner a Brand new belt them my friends get the others. I gave InExcess Two Brand new X3 belts after I sold my X3
I have a “throwaway” belt that looks like a ball of yarn, gave it away three times to get people back to camp, fargin iceholes keep returning it to me after use!

Man I go through belts like crazy on my X3. I've got the good KWI clutch setup and service mine regularly, but they just don't live.  Maybe my driving style is just bad :)  I think this season I may try running without cover and see if it makes any difference. Right now, I seem to average 350-400 miles on a belt.

Back