Weekend Warrior Wheel Well Delete

acefuture

Reaction score
Gutting a new-to-me weekend warrior 3505 for a complete remodel. My plan was to just build some roll over wheel wells and remove a fold out couch, but I think I remember someone who flat decked theirs. May have been before the site crash. Anyone have any photos? My car has to be backed in so can’t strap the front and fit between. Axles are flipped, but the wheel wells still seem too deep to flat deck 

Under toy hauler modification, I did a wheel well delete, 

To make it easy i did not go 100% flat,  I keep the same look, i did a 2x12 on the floor and a 2x12 on the side wall, covered in carped,  this was easy to drive on, and had the same look as the original trailer,  and keep great support on the floor, 

with Itsweeks trailer i had .125 mild steel bend up in a L shpate 12x12 like 8 feet long to replace the old fender well and painted it a brown color,  

Then you will also need to flip the axles,   to make that easy on myself, i did one axle at a time,  

Was the best thing having low wells,  easy to drive into,  

Under toy hauler modification, I did a wheel well delete, 

To make it easy i did not go 100% flat,  I keep the same look, i did a 2x12 on the floor and a 2x12 on the side wall, covered in carped,  this was easy to drive on, and had the same look as the original trailer,  and keep great support on the floor, 

with Itsweeks trailer i had .125 mild steel bend up in a L shpate 12x12 like 8 feet long to replace the old fender well and painted it a brown color,  

Then you will also need to flip the axles,   to make that easy on myself, i did one axle at a time,  

Was the best thing having low wells,  easy to drive into,  
And there was no issues with the tires hitting it from the bottom? If I flat deck it, it will be lower than the wheel well flare covers, but I should have enough height clearance with the axels flipped

Just did this to my weekend warrior. Made it from 2x3 square steel around the base and welded diamond plate to it and up the wall. I bolted the 2x3 square through the floor. So far it’s holding strong 

wood base with carpet  to give it the factory look 
Thanks guys.

From the outside, does it drop below the wheel well flares? If I do what you guys did, it will hang below the wheel well flares and you'll be able to see the drop down. Which I'm not a fan of

If i Remember correctly, It looks about level with the flares,  you really can not tell from the outside,  axle flip was only about a day work, 

If i Remember correctly, It looks about level with the flares,  you really can not tell from the outside,  axle flip was only about a day work, 
My axels are already flipped thankfully

I raised mine up 1-1/8" just for that reason
Thanks Dan, that's exactly what I was thinking about doing. but for some reason your photos didnt come through

Back