weekend warrior driver over fenders

jareddustin

Reaction score
just picked up a 2009 WW 3305 triple axel. was looking for a while online trying to find a drive over fender kit, i think the rzr is going to need a little bit more room to fit with the sand tires. does anyone know if someone makes a kit? i was also looking at bunch of videos and posts about people making their own but my fabricator skills are non existent. 

If you have outside speakers that are in front of the ramp, it won't work.
I ordered the "driver over fender kit" when I ordered my Warrior, never worked with my sand rail.

Speaker on one side and the fold up couch on the other.

So now I cinch the front end up and it fits perfect between wheel wells.

If you have outside speakers that are in front of the ramp, it won't work.
I ordered the "driver over fender kit" when I ordered my Warrior, never worked with my sand rail.

Speaker on one side and the fold up couch on the other.

So now I cinch the front end up and it fits perfect between wheel wells.
i do have that speaker right before the wheel wells. ill have to try the clinch the front, only thing im worried about that is height to the rear bunk i think i just make it under with out it be clinched, i used to have to do that to the front end to clear the wheel wells on my flat bed trailer. ill have to try and get creative. 

i do have that speaker right before the wheel wells. ill have to try the clinch the front, only thing im worried about that is height to the rear bunk i think i just make it under with out it be clinched, i used to have to do that to the front end to clear the wheel wells on my flat bed trailer. ill have to try and get creative. 
I hear ya.

I got the single bunk and at the time, Warrior offered "extra clearance bunk" as an option, which I got.

But I understand what you are saying.

I know others on here have built custom wood/steel ramps that clear everything. 

I think you need 82 or 88" between the wheel wells.

i was even thinking about maybe removing the bottom bunk if i needed as i dont really need it, its a big trailer and its just me and my daughter. my flat bed was about 77" between the fenders and with the front strapped it rubbed on the fender walls but it cleared it. i just dont know about height when i strap the front if it will get under the bunk.. im just really trying to avoid changing tires every trip, i might have to with the rear as im not sure how wide it is with the paddleson. if that is the case ill just back the rzr in. i have not had a chance to even try to get the rzr in the trailer yet just some rough measurements. about 80" between the wheel wells which would be enough but then about 74" height to bottom bunk and that is my worry. 

my neighbor is really good with wood maybe i can convince him to build me something really quick in exchange for a couple cases of beer. 

thank you for your input!

Flip the axles and flat deck it and never look back
did not know that was even possible, thank you. 

i dont have a lifted truck, my 09 duramax is stock height, would that affect the angle of the trailer when towing? right now its pretty level

I used a ramp and actually parked my scu tire on top of the wood box. But sandrail front ends may be lighter than sxs front ends. 

if you look on toy hauler modifications that i did, it shows a pic of flipped axles and close to flat floor, 

I unbolted one axel ant a time, then did a flip then did a stich weld on the perch last, 

• The Floor i removed the fake wood and carpet wells, then cut the plastic fender out with a sawzaw, took about a hour, 
  • Next took 2x12x10 wrapped it in carped and screwed it over the old fender well, carpet was stapled to the wood,  it looked like a big piece of carpet angle iron, so 12'' wide on the floor 12'' high on the wall, had the factory look 
  • on the outside you will see the wood,  i coated it with a rubberized paint, and added a gusset between the tires,  
  • overall this took me about 2-3 days,
  • hardest part, was wrapping the carpet over the wood 

I don’t think between the fenders will be a problem, it will be the bed height, stock cage on rzrs are high, I can pull my Tatum straight in by cinching the front together but had to cut 4” of the rear cage on my rzr so it would clear the bed. Most change out the cage to aftermarket 

I stood next to a Pro R in the Temecula Motorsports booth, that thing had to be near 7' tall.

My Funco fits between the wheel wells on a WW, can't imagine your SxS being wider.  It does rub against the fold down couch.  Has to take off the table holders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think between the fenders will be a problem, it will be the bed height, stock cage on rzrs are high, I can pull my Tatum straight in by cinching the front together but had to cut 4” of the rear cage on my rzr so it would clear the bed. Most change out the cage to aftermarket 
i have a shorter after market cage, with the stock tires i should have a few inches of clearance, the sand tires are taller than the stock, im not sure the height of the car with the sand tires yet. but if i strap the front it makes the car taller, that is why i was looking at something for drive over fenders since i most likely cant strap the front due to height issues. i have the turbo S so its wider than the xp. and the skat tracs are big tires

I stood next to a Pro R in the Temecula Motorsports booth, that thing had to be near 7' tall.

My Funco fits between the wheel wells on a WW, can't imagine your SxS being wider.  It does rub against the fold down couch.  Has to take off the table holders.
its a turbo s, wider than the xp and the skat trac sand tires are bigger than the stock tires. with the stock tires i know i wont have an issue fitting, but once i put the sand tires on i think that is where im might have an issue. i have not got a chance to try it yet, trailer is in one place and the rzr is in another place. and truck is at the shop. 

the new pro r wont fit in the older trailers with out smaller loading tires. have already seen a few of the 3305 like the one i got for sale because of that issue. 

Back