Weddle Transaxles in GT40

Sean@Weddle

Reaction score
Some non-offroad content for you guys.

Weddle HV-25 in this 750 HP Superformance GT40 replica with a 351W. We started working with Downforce Motorsports out of South Carolina a few years back as they needed some heavy duty transaxles to get these cars on the road/track.

This is the test mule trans out of our Playtech Manx that some of you have seen at the Sand Show over the years. We regeared it for road use and flipped it upside down for this application. These guys have had it up to 180 MPH at Daytona for its first outing, and have done various track days and the Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge events.

Most of the HV-25's we have sold this past year have been for road cars. It's pretty cool to see them get used in other applications.

Video of a recent track day, driven by Dennis Olthoff who assembles these cars for Downforce, and has some racing background from what I am told. He has a little spin a few laps in. I can't imagine trying to get this kind of power down in this lightweight car.

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

That is cool AF. Thanks for posting this. What other cars have you supplied the trans for ?

I thought Mendeola was supposed to do the road cars and you guys were the 'offroad' guys when you bought them out? Am I totally wrong?

Yeah that was cool AF! Looked like there was a little rise and the ass end got a little light, the driver did a good job of saving it.

I thought Mendeola was supposed to do the road cars and you guys were the 'offroad' guys when you bought them out? Am I totally wrong?
Weddle purchased the "offroad" line of transaxles from Mendeola, while they retained the rights to their own road based sequential and H-pattern transaxles (The sequential is actually the same as the S5 but using their in house straight cut gears).

There was never anything that said we couldn't sell or market transaxles to the road market as well.

Back